Ontopic The Shooting Thread

Not for off topic, but when the questions come around I'm on the "See something say something - I got nuthin' to do with mystery fertilizer purchases." side. :lol:

See something say something is always a touchy subject. Here locally we recently had the mom on a college tour group call the PD on 2 kids that showed up late and didn't look or act to part to her. Turns out they were legit but it turned into a huge story.

Problem with deer hunting is that the strong bucks get taken out by hunters for their size and pretty antlers, and the cuck deer pass along their genes instead.

Plus many hunters wound and don't track and kill. And the whole you are killing an awesome deer for some food when you probably have plenty of money to go get a falafel is a thing.
Did you really just use the phrase "cuck deer"?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Is it too soon to talk about gun control again?

Also I see a lot of people talk about how they are gun owners BUT!!! they support "common sense gun control laws".

And then never tell you what they are.
I've heard a lot of gun owners with good ideas about gun control measures. Even on this site, I think.

But ideas that will stop wack jobs from killing people? Those have been looked for throughout the ages.

Did you really just use the phrase "cuck deer"?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
QWvOlrp.gif

I've heard a lot of gun owners with good ideas about gun control measures. Even on this site, I think.

But ideas that will stop wack jobs from killing people? Those have been looked for throughout the ages.

Gun control won’t stop any of this but it can limit the damage people can do. The one thing we can’t fight is information. People will find ways online now like the pressure cookers used in Boston that they found in the shooting today. You can’t fix crazy and while some of this is a mental heath issue it’s not a mental health problem. What I mean by that is some of these are fucking crazy people who need medial help. But the over arching issue is society has changed especially with kids. They have become so desensitized to not only violence but not directly communicating with people. Until that is fixed no level of any sort of control will ever fix someone wanting to do harm on another person.

ya i found out, 10% of earnings(?) or earnings through hunting (?) or something like that
thats a decent amount yaa

There's national organizations like he mentioned, Ducks Unlimited, etc. and then the states also fund conservation, habitat preservation, etc. in various ways. Here in TX a portion of hunting and fishing license fees as well as a tax on things like boat fuel, maybe a couple other items, go to fund it as well.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi