GAY The ongoing saga of my stupid car.

The bottom of my car is rusting out, how do I stop it from going any farther? Our fix it? Right now it's not up on the sides where you can see it, but there's holes all the way through on the bottom. Any advice?

The bottom of my car is rusting out, how do I stop it from going any farther? Our fix it? Right now it's not up on the sides where you can see it, but there's holes all the way through on the bottom. Any advice?

The only way to stop rust is to cut it out. Cut back to where you find good metal, and then weld in a replacement panel.

How does this stuff compare to Ospho?

This is Ospho + lacquer, kinda like POR15. I haven't looked at the eastwood MSDS, but I'm sure it's just phosphoric acid for reduction, because that's what they all are.

• Gravy
Reactions: Casper
150322376image.jpg

Ass is put back together. The nose fell off the drying rack, so I have a bit more work to do on that. :/

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Silverado

I've seen guys in similar situations. Use that rust converter stuff, & then they spray black undercoating on just that bottom trim piece up to the bottom door edge. There's a guy at the barn that did that to his old Ram. His was red and after he fixed it up it looked 10x better than all the rust down there. The truck is now on it's last leg and the strongest part of the car now is that part that he fixed up.