GAY The ongoing saga of my stupid car.

I'm surprised the car doesn't have pop-up headlights. Sure, the existing headlights are aerodynamic enough, but why not cram something else in there that's useless/unreliable but cool?

I like to think that Nissan made the lights the way they did because they knew they'd be selling a bunch of them to Lamborghini to use in the Diablo (that's right, Lamborghini parts-binned for pieces of the Diablo).

Yeah, I remember seeing them years ago as an option, but I haven't paid enough attention to see if it still is.

lol. true.

the only reason I know this is because I'm looking for a truck, & occasionally I see one "QUADRASTEER" or "WITH 4WHEEL STEERING!!!"

& to me, putting it on the denali is a waste. Sure its the top of the line 1500, and I get that it helps snake through a parking lot, but those buyers aren't towing. they have someone else for that. & it would really make towing easier.

Quadrasteer was co-developed by GM and Delphi Automotive Systems, and it cuts the Denali's turning-circle diameter from 47.3 feet to 37.4, a foot larger than a Honda Accord'

Got a half gallon more of base coat, another gallon of clear, and the attendant reducers and activators for the amazingly low price of $260.

Fucking red. So expensive.

DSC_0003.JPG

Looks like a Fiero lol.

I did the first cut and buff on the paint today. On account of my help's insistence on putting 5 coats of clear down, I'll have to do it again (sometimes more is just more).

Initial orange peel:
DSC_0004_007.JPG

Post cut-and-polish orange peel:
DSC_0006_004.JPG

I also put the hatch back on, because I opened up the spare tire well and found an aquarium.
DSC_0008_003.JPG

Cool.

Are you still fat? I can't see where your neck ends and your head begins in that one picture.