Baby The Official Baby/Fetus/BirthCanal Thread

His insurance says they don't cover the gig economy, so it seems unlikely to pay out.

In any case, my attorney says that they're unlikely to try because the cost to do anything to subrogate is unlikely to be recouped.
I have to wonder if the kid's insurance will also drop him because now they know that he is using his vehicle for deliveries. Likely somewhere in his policy there is a statement that you can't do this. When I bought a car this summer it was one of the things the insurance company asked and also one of the things the financing company asked. I was surprised because I had never encountered this line of questioning before but after I thought about it for a minute, it made sense and here is an example of why. I'm glad your child is reasonably okay. I hope your insurance doesn't increase because of this.

I have to wonder if the kid's insurance will also drop him because now they know that he is using his vehicle for deliveries. Likely somewhere in his policy there is a statement that you can't do this. When I bought a car this summer it was one of the things the insurance company asked and also one of the things the financing company asked. I was surprised because I had never encountered this line of questioning before but after I thought about it for a minute, it made sense and here is an example of why. I'm glad your child is reasonably okay. I hope your insurance doesn't increase because of this.
There's a special policy for delivery. It was like a $10 add on when I delivered stuff. Most personal auto policies don't cover business use of vehicles i.e. they drop you. I know Uber and door dash both offer it.

Finance company doesn't want you to run their car into the ground. They definitely try to steer you toward a lease for business vehicles.

There's a special policy for delivery. It was like a $10 add on when I delivered stuff. Most personal auto policies don't cover business use of vehicles i.e. they drop you. I know Uber and door dash both offer it.

Finance company doesn't want you to run their car into the ground. They definitely try to steer you toward a lease for business vehicles.
I pay $7 per week for $100,000 cargo coverage.
I should up it to $500,000.
Sometimes I transport Ortho surgery kits, many of which value out at just under half a mil.

• Gravy
Reactions: ZRH