Food The (not so) delicious food thread

She should glue some macaroni noodles together to make figurines or make a gingerbread house if she wants to do food art.
Just laying some food on a plate, while pretty, is not art.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and wetwillie
Plating food is totally an art. Have you ever seen French cuisine? And not the ones you have there, but the real French!
But that plating was nothing special. It was just craft - cut the stuff, find a place for it. Nothing wrong with that, it was a decent selection. But the plating wasn't food art. Some in the art vs. craft argument say if it's merely functional it's craft. If it makes you think of something else, whether a person, place,event or emotion, it "might" be art.

schlock.jpg

But that plating was nothing special. It was just craft - cut the stuff, find a place for it. Nothing wrong with that, it was a decent selection. But the plating wasn't food art. Some in the art vs. craft argument say if it's merely functional it's craft. If it makes you think of something else, whether a person, place,event or emotion, it "might" be art.

View attachment 7093
of all the "functional" processes i think food comes closest to art, the maths is too pretty when done right :)

This sounds like a bad justification for some /r/wewantplates bullshit.
Apropos of nothing, I've been trying to cut down on my disposable dish habit in the 'num household. I'm not sure whether I buy that plating is an "art" on its own, but there's definitely a range from "slop it all into this foam plate with troughs to keep the sauces separate" and "eating sushi off of a naked lady".

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Apropos of nothing, I've been trying to cut down on my disposable dish habit in the 'num household. I'm not sure whether I buy that plating is an "art" on its own, but there's definitely a range from "slop it all into this foam plate with troughs to keep the sauces separate" and "eating sushi off of a naked lady".
A porcelain naked lady, or a live flesh-and-blood naked lady?