Food The (not so) delicious food thread

awesome. One of the most interesting thing about starters is that no one is the same, and most that are even slightly geographically separated are vastly different.
There is also some place out in San Fran that has had their stater alive for like 100 years. They'll send you some for like a $5 donation.

An observation on Wawa breakfast sandwiches.
The other day a coworker got sausage and egg. He took the egg out and tossed it on the ground outside near, not in, the dumpster. Nothing touched it. No birds, no rats, no insects. I guess they didn't recognize it as food. Third time I've observed this. Apparently the wildlife around here don't like slim jims either.
Maybe they have higher standards.

An observation on Wawa breakfast sandwiches.
The other day a coworker got sausage and egg. He took the egg out and tossed it on the ground outside near, not in, the dumpster. Nothing touched it. No birds, no rats, no insects. I guess they didn't recognize it as food. Third time I've observed this. Apparently the wildlife around here don't like slim jims either.
Maybe they have higher standards.
Animals are smart. That ain't food.

@gee

I made 1/2 this recipe. It's HUGE!!

BBQ rub (make a big batch of this, you'll find yourself using it on everything - chicken, pork chops, fried eggs...)

REGULAR SIZE:
- ½ cup each white sugar, brown sugar (or use 1c yellow sugar)
- ¼ cup each salt, black pepper, chili powder, paprika and cumin
- 2 tbsp each garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder

HALF SIZE:
- 1/4 cup each white sugar, brown sugar (or use 1c yellow sugar)
- 2 TBS each salt, black pepper, chili powder, paprika and cumin
- 1 tbsp each garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne powder

After I covered the 3lb, 3oz pork shoulder . . . this is what was left, (it was full when I started)
(other spices for size reference. The rub container is 5" tall, 2.5" wide.)

180228982Resized20180227192607.jpg

2/28/18 - 11/6/18.

last night I used the last of my 1/2 batch, but did kick the volume up a notch compared last time. If you put it on CHX like a rub [ie. coat it so you can barely see the chx under it. Think: like dredging] the flavor is amazing.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
We started making our own chile (@Jehannum) powder from dried chilies. There are some amazing flavors in the 187000 different kind of peppers you can get at the Mexican store

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum