Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I made this faux-aged balsamic the other night. Shit is pretty damn tasty. I might actually have to buy some of the good stuff and do my own comparison.

I am not surprised at all that the "aging" process is just sugar added and boiled down. Drives the acidity up, and the sugar balances it out

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
The low carb tortilla is wrapped around a load of macaroni, which is all carbs, and ketchup, which is all sugar.
You had my blood sugar plummeting due to no bread, sonny! idk, those little noodles and the cat-poop are probably still way under the carb load of 2 slices of any bread.
But yes, it was a technical fail.

For rack cooked, rounds loaves, those look pretty good. Bread in a pan(or machine) is much easier to dial in.
valve is hating the one on the right, so very roundish. :)
I don’t know what you are going on about. Those are cooked in a pan, a Dutch oven like all good round basic sourdough Loaves should be.

also @Domon they were all full of holes. I’m glad too cause I found a step by step recipe and I babied those blasted loaves all day following a 12 step plan and would have been sad if they didn’t come out.

now to go make sourdough waffles and buttermilk syrup for breakfast!

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I don’t know what you are going on about. Those are cooked in a pan, a Dutch oven like all good round basic sourdough Loaves should be.

also @Domon they were all full of holes. I’m glad too cause I found a step by step recipe and I babied those blasted loaves all day following a 12 step plan and would have been sad if they didn’t come out.

now to go make sourdough waffles and buttermilk syrup for breakfast!
The sides weren't TOUCHING a pan. That is a harder(imo) environment for success. It was a compliment, not a pan.

You didn't mention they were sourdough.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: kiwi