Ontopic The new car-seching thread

Mine went up $25 when I was hit and runned in the parking lot where I work and they never paid for it.

Long time ago, 2012 IIRC I got hit in NY and they were like oh hey just pay for everything, submit the invoices and we'll send you a check. In 2017 I got the check. Which was fortunate at that time cause it paid like 3 months of rent but...

Dude, Im really getting sick of this. Even when I post pictures you say I'm lying.

I rib you but I never accuse you of lying.
Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Why the fuck would I make up a fender bender that didn't result in much more than a broken trunk latch?
Because if it wasn't your fault, you'd go through insurance and get it fixed.

I wonder how your landlord/automotive lien holder feels about you not repairing their property.

I'm sure there's a nubby antenna you could buy off the internet for cheap and toss on there without having to machine and TIG shit. And you'd still have radio reception so you can listen to ROCK RADIO Z99.9 SHOVING THAT LONG HARD ROCK UP YOUR ASS on your morning commute.

But noooo, a Miata isn't a Miata without the owner "customizing" it in their own way. "My Miata is best Miata because custom machined TIG welded antenna delete!"

Looks good. Well done.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I'm sure there's a nubby antenna you could buy off the internet for cheap and toss on there without having to machine and TIG shit. And you'd still have radio reception so you can listen to ROCK RADIO Z99.9 SHOVING THAT LONG HARD ROCK UP YOUR ASS on your morning commute.

But noooo, a Miata isn't a Miata without the owner "customizing" it in their own way. "My Miata is best Miata because custom machined TIG welded antenna delete!"

Looks good. Well done.
I mean, I could go with "The Stubby" but... well
I'm not gonna put "The Stubby" on my car.
Amazon product ASIN B00846HT38
I do like Keith's stuff over at Flyin Miata, but I also wanted to try and get my new TIG welder up and running. Unfortunately I decided to do that on a day where Airgas, Amazon Hose, and other such places are closed. So my male regulator can't connect to my male hose. Womp Womp.

Also, who the fuck listens to the radio? That's why you have a phone.

Because if it wasn't your fault, you'd go through insurance and get it fixed.

I wonder how your landlord/automotive lien holder feels about you not repairing their property.
I am going through the insurance now. The lady who hit me called me this morning and said her parents were going to give her the money so I said "Why dont we just use insurance". She's gonna spot me the deductible because I dont have it right now.

Guy at work suggested I just dont fix it, try to rebend the latch and use the money to pay off the car. Which is an interesting idea.

Since I'm refinishing things this week, I'm going ahead with the rear Euro tail conversion on the S6. The US tails on the car now have cracks (like most of them do), and I have all the parts to do the job, so I figure why not.

1994 and earlier had them a matte black, and 1995+ are body color, but I think the body color (yellow pearl) looks dumb on the tail panel. Reckon I'm going to go with a matte black or matte dark silver in there instead.

Body colored:
img_20200723_211623_06573872b55802299cb2a772ed83b0e524c464f5.jpg

1993, black on green:
audi-s4-2.jpg