Ontopic The new car-seching thread

new girl cooking GIF by HULU

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
There goes any remaining reason to visit Jalopnik. Unless you enjoy content from a writer on a car site who didn’t know what, where, or how dipsticks worked.

On the bright side, they're hanging out their own shingle and having a go at it:

And anyone who ever met you would know exactly what a dipstick is.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I'm sure new cars excite some people. I've always looked and thought about all the marginally functional shit boxes I could get with the same money.
They're exciting when you've always paid cash for cars old enough to vote your entire life...

People dont really understand why you carry around enough tools to tear it down in the parking lot at work...

You get super excited when you finally get a manufacturer's mechanic's manual on ebay...

My tiny goth friend (who is an engineer) buys a new car every year. She has a problem, she just gets it warrantied. It's a black box transportation device.

Last edited:
They're exciting when you've always paid cash for cars old enough to vote your entire life...

People dont really understand why you carry around enough tools to tear it down in the parking lot at work...

You get super excited when you finally get a manufacturer's mechanic's manual on ebay...

My tiny goth friend (who is an engineer) buys a new car every year. She has a problem, she just gets it warrantied. It's a black box transportation device.
You're literally describing me, but I don't care for new cars.

Just looked for shits and giggles. Some jackass on FB marketplace is trying to sell one with a visibly rusted through frame (bowing where the door meets the latch) for about $3k as a "good project car"