Ontopic The new car-seching thread

that one, i dont recall. But google says ... yes

Wow, and their solution to it was super-dumb too "In the summer of 2020, Tesla introduced an MCU with a 64GB eMMC chip instead of 8GB"

So same wear write problem, just way more slack to eat up before it dies, rather than switching to a better technology
#TeslaMotors

Lifetime buys suck when you've got management who are sucking the lean manufacturing dick and are like "you seriously need to buy trays of 1000 USB controllers? that we're just going to keep in the parts cage for a couple of years? that's not very lean/kanban/whatever-other-buddhist-bullshit-term!"

We retired a product a short while ago that had an MCORE processor in it. Good riddance to that shit.

now imagine if you also had to justify nitrogen storage for all of em.

Why am I not surprised to hear you say that. Shouldn't you be compiling south bridge drivers on BSD right now? :lol:

If the goal is to produce a system that works the same, day in, day out, for years on end, and you already have a system that does that, why change it?

Adding complexity never, ever results in a more stable system.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
If the goal is to produce a system that works the same, day in, day out, for years on end, and you already have a system that does that, why change it?

Adding complexity never, ever results in a more stable system.
Why change? Well a good example would be today. :lol: Keep on keepin on tho Gentoo! :p

210922883image0000001.jpg

Gave up on font finding website and used Trebuchet MS for the main font. $5 CAD cash for 10 stickers from the little decal/sign/t-shirt shop in my town, laminated and everything.

Now I guess this means I have to actually wash my car...