Ontopic The new car-seching thread

My cars stay with me until they're stolen or unserviceable scrap, though.
I feel you, man. not quite the same but I occasionally tell some asshole I'm not selling them any more items because they beat the shit up. Somehow it's just feels like an insult to the care I put back in trying to erase decades of decay and correcting manufacturer's defects in a quality way. Nobody is gonna fix your shit like you do - it would nutz for you to sell.

Question of the day: spend the extra $80 and delay time to get the very best autox tire, or acknowledge that I don't have the skill to push either the best or the (cheaper, in-stock) good enough tire to the limits where I would be able to tell the difference?

Question of the day: spend the extra $80 and delay time to get the very best autox tire, or acknowledge that I don't have the skill to push either the best or the (cheaper, in-stock) good enough tire to the limits where I would be able to tell the difference?
you know the answer. Go for the best.

Buy cheap tires, and when you suck at auto-x, blame your tires.

Oh, speaking of tires.

The Fit needed an alignment, but I yolo'ed it through the winter anyway since my tires were on their last season. By the end of the winter the inside edges were pretty much worn flat.

So I figured I'd give them a proper viking funeral, and went for a burn around the industrial park near my house before I put the summers on. Turns out that on wet pavement, the Fit can sustain a burnout with the parking brake on for a good minute.

After a bunch of that, I started hearing a bad FLAPFLAPFLAP sound and headed home. Surprised this thing held air.

182448100_782093899334735_4634981176701112230_n.jpg

Car's aligned, has actual good tires on it, and is driving a lot better now!

Oh, speaking of tires.

The Fit needed an alignment, but I yolo'ed it through the winter anyway since my tires were on their last season. By the end of the winter the inside edges were pretty much worn flat.

So I figured I'd give them a proper viking funeral, and went for a burn around the industrial park near my house before I put the summers on. Turns out that on wet pavement, the Fit can sustain a burnout with the parking brake on for a good minute.

After a bunch of that, I started hearing a bad FLAPFLAPFLAP sound and headed home. Surprised this thing held air.

View attachment 14212

fuck man, thats not safe.

You know better

Oh, speaking of tires.

View attachment 14212

When I first got the 300ZX, it had some godawful Michelins on it, and they lasted like half a track day, then got super greasy anytime I got on it.

So I took it on my birthday, did the biggest, longest burnout I could on 300HP, then drove it straight to the tire place, apparently sending sparks all the way down the highway because of the exposed steel belts.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
why not both?
I did all of this
RwtR4ln.jpg

In order to find this (and another box of stuff)
BGB5ZR3.jpg

It was here
The box was in a similarly easily found spot.
:sigh:
ZDy5P4X.jpg

When I first got the 300ZX, it had some godawful Michelins on it, and they lasted like half a track day, then got super greasy anytime I got on it.

So I took it on my birthday, did the biggest, longest burnout I could on 300HP, then drove it straight to the tire place, apparently sending sparks all the way down the highway because of the exposed steel belts.
fuck man, thats not safe.

You know better