Ontopic The new car-seching thread

True. Although statistically, dark vehicles get hit more often because someone didn't notice them than light or white cars. Which is the more worrisome thing, imo. Oddly(?), black gets hit 12% more than white due to "blending in". Yellow and green are pretty safe in that regard. Google it - didn't pluck this from my butt.
@TuhMollie seems to like "if it's light, I know it's clean(at least on the surface) - she has light carpet, she has no brows, now a white car. I bet she keeps that mf spotless!! At least on the outside :)

Makes sense. Black and gray blend in with pavement. Those, silver, and white blend in rain, fog, snow. Darker blues blend in better at night too.

You probably know this but navy blue is better camo for sneaking around at night than pure black. Ain't many things in nature pure black.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
It is a good car, Immi. Should get many years/miles of good service out of it.
Can haul enough gear for a little bar band in that thing and maybe even a loose woman to boot.

Had someone honk us down at a light today until we opened the window so they could tell us how cool they thought our Caddy wagon is. :cool: Only 7k made in 5 years of prod.

• Love
Starting the replacement ignition harness for the Audi. I have one currently, but the vendor didn't back seal the plug bodies, so the wires are all starting to corrode. I tried to get a replacement, but the 4 cavity plugs are discontinued by VW, so the only option out there was $250 for some 3D printed garbage that didn't seat right or seal.

So, I'm building my own, and I'll de-pin the old cavities and put new pins and seals in them from the new wires.

For now though, at least the ignition coil cavities are readily available:

messages_0(4).jpeg

• Gravy
oh and I got the replacement bearings for the Z yesterday, and loaded up the hubs with their new brake disks, spacers, and bearings.

Still have to wire the oven back up so I can powdercoat the calipers, but I think I'll do that job today.

Starting the replacement ignition harness for the Audi. I have one currently, but the vendor didn't back seal the plug bodies, so the wires are all starting to corrode. I tried to get a replacement, but the 4 cavity plugs are discontinued by VW, so the only option out there was $250 for some 3D printed garbage that didn't seat right or seal.

So, I'm building my own, and I'll de-pin the old cavities and put new pins and seals in them from the new wires.

For now though, at least the ignition coil cavities are readily available:

View attachment 14203
I'd feel comfortable buying a car off you. A hair nutz but in a thoroughly good way.