The NBA Thread

ok sports people can someone please explain to me what is going on with the Mavs. I don't get to watch the games so I don't know why they keep losing. I thought they were supposed to be the best. Where are they breaking down?

Golden State has had their number all season. If they can pull off some magic and win out the series, The Mavs should take the championship. No one else can touch them.

Why can Golden State, one of the worst teams in the playoffs, still beat the Mavs? I think it had a lot to do with Don Nelson, coach of the Warriors and former Mavs head coach. He knows his old team too well, and can exploit their weaknesses.

Another problem is one the Mavs have seemed to struggle with all season. It's been typical for them to get a big lead in the first half, fall to pieces in the third, then come back to scape out a win in the fourth. I think it's an overconfidence or laziness problem. When it seems in the bag they simply don't keep their energy up and they get runover. Against GS it's hard for them to get up for a game that they're supposed to win.

Friday's game was a joke. GS' shooting percentage was completely ridiculous. Everything they threw went in. Dallas on the other hand was terrible. I was surprised the final margin was only 17 or so points.

The Mavs are playing for their lives. Looking good so far... ended the first quarter with a ten point lead.

and they win it!!!! we're going to game six.

Last edited:
damn man.. i fell asleep at halftime..

i will say: Baron Davis is my favorite player to watch in the NBA.. he's a beast.. how'd his hammy hold up???
it held up. i was hoping he'd get cold at halftime, but he must have stayed on a bike. i wouldn't be surprised if he misses the next series though. he probably tore it up finishing out the game.

baskeball paid for my education.. watch yourself .. go curl or something.. get one of those cool brooms and scrape the ice.. :fly:

Shut up!!!!

You know I am a log thrower, gezzzzzz

Caber_throw.jpg