The NBA Thread

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
djMM mentioned Nash's injury in the new welcome thread. It's my prediction that he may have had a sore shoulder for one, maybe two games tops, but that now he's just waiting it out so he doesn't have to play during the all-star break and will be strong and healthy to finish out the season in style. However, I think this means that the Mavs will have home-court advantage if they meet each other in the semis (which they will inshallah).

Anyone know if it's too late for the Mavs to break the regular season win percentage? I'm not sure if the NBA has ever had a perfect team.

not sure where the mavs stand now, but no one has ever won all 82 regular season games.. can't see it EVER happening..

but i believe the record is like 73-9 i think by the jordan era Bulls..

this is a bit off topic, but i was hanging out with geiger sunday and asked him what he thought about former NBA'er john amaechi "coming out"... asked him if the guys in the league KNEW about anyone 100% who was gay.. he said it was common knowledge that Bernard King was (late 80's Knick and Net?) for sure.. said 2 or 3 others but i can't remem..

think anyone will ever come out WHILE still in the league? any of the leagues?

in regards to Nash, yeah, get your rest..

hell, i'm surprised shaq's back already.. he usually takes the middle 40 games off.. lol..

i like the mavs tho.. dirk is a bad ass white boy.. and i appreciate and respect avery johnson's style of coaching..

While the Celtics haven't done well in a great while. This year is extremely painful as fan. :( :mad:

i can imagine.. topped off by (ex-celtic) ricky davis's buzzer beater last week to lose like 16 in a row .. ouch.. surely they're calling for doc's head up there..

is telfair still there? and how's he doing if so?

wish we had a team here in tampa.. orlando's not far but it's too far for regular middle of the week trips (2 hours-ish? from the burg, where i reside).. don't think we'll ever have a team as we've not shown near enough support to USF hoops.. but they're never good, which doesn't help.. think they play the 'Cuse tomorrow night.. maybe I'll take mama for her valentine's present.. :fly:

how incredible was dwight howard's game winning alley oop?! what a pass by turkoglu too..

i can imagine.. topped off by (ex-celtic) ricky davis's buzzer beater last week to lose like 16 in a row .. ouch.. surely they're calling for doc's head up there..

is telfair still there? and how's he doing if so?

wish we had a team here in tampa.. orlando's not far but it's too far for regular middle of the week trips (2 hours-ish? from the burg, where i reside).. don't think we'll ever have a team as we've not shown near enough support to USF hoops.. but they're never good, which doesn't help.. think they play the 'Cuse tomorrow night.. maybe I'll take mama for her valentine's present.. :fly:

how incredible was dwight howard's game winning alley oop?! what a pass by turkoglu too..

Yes Telfair is still in Boston. His play is nothing to write home about just like the rest of the team. Our biggest problem has been injuries to Al Jefferson & Paul Pierce.

in regards to Nash, yeah, get your rest..

hell, i'm surprised shaq's back already.. he usually takes the middle 40 games off.. lol..

i like the mavs tho.. dirk is a bad ass white boy.. and i appreciate and respect avery johnson's style of coaching..
I love the Mavs. Avery's has them boys playing very well together. Sometimes Terry pisses me off taking outside shots with lots of time on the shot clock and not so much left in the game, but he makes up for it most of the time.

I'd love to see them finish this year, but since Nash is Canadian and long overdue for a ring I won't be disappointed if they go instead. Just as long as the Mavs get a championship within the next two years.

Didn't know Shaq is back. How many games has he played since his return?

I love the Mavs. Avery's has them boys playing very well together. Sometimes Terry pisses me off taking outside shots with lots of time on the shot clock and not so much left in the game, but he makes up for it most of the time.

I'd love to see them finish this year, but since Nash is Canadian and long overdue for a ring I won't be disappointed if they go instead. Just as long as the Mavs get a championship within the next two years.

Didn't know Shaq is back. How many games has he played since his return?

I believe his first game back was the recent game against the Spurs.

^^well, that and the fact that I think i heard one of the talking heads say that one of those eastern divisions is gonna be won with a sub-.500 record.. WTF! Dwayne Wade was silly last night.. he's a monsta..

and the texas tech/texas a&m game had a great ending..

^^well, that and the fact that I think i heard one of the talking heads say that one of those eastern divisions is gonna be won with a sub-.500 record.. WTF! Dwayne Wade was silly last night.. he's a monsta..

and the texas tech/texas a&m game had a great ending..
i missed that game, but the Mavs/Bucks game had a nice finish. I only got home to watch the last two minutes, but it was the best part of the game.

Speaking of the Mavs again... If you don't count the first four games of the season (all losses... trouble getting started I guess) they've been winning just shy of 90% of their games. If they finish out the season winning 9 out of 10 games (27/30) they'll take second best all-time regular season record. (70-12) So, they just need to keep playing as well as they have been since game five. I hope they all stay healthy and uninjured.

Well, they're not going to break any regular season records, but they've clinched home court advantage through the playoffs and now have five games to tune up, rest and prepare for the playoffs.

I wish I could say I knew what was going on with the Rockets, but I havent paid them any attention since Van Gundy took over coaching duties.
Houston is 5th and looks to finish the season that way. Not bad. They'll face Utah in the first round, which they should win because they're better even though they're ranked lower.

Last edited:
I was going to play in the NBA but they wouldn't let me in due to politics. I mean, it didn't help that I can't pass, shoot, jump, dunk, or handle the ball, but in the end it was all internal politics.