The Mighty Boosh

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,507
Could you guys tell me if you've heard of this show? It's quite a British comedy, probably the funniest thing I've seen since The Office first started and I'm quite intrigued as to whether you know about it, have seen it, what you think of it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_boosh

It's well worth a watch if you never have, I'm sure there's tons of youtube clips you could look at. It's probably worth searching for "crimping" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimp_(song) as well. I think if you've ever been partial to smoking green trees in the past you'd really like this show. I tried to find it funny for well over a year and it was only when I smoked and watched it that I actually got it.

Anyway, discuss. Hopefully you all love the show. :heart:

Spaced was brill. Have you watched Extras? It's Ricky Gervais' second TV adventure, 2 series' and a tearjerking Xmas special. Really, really funny stuff. Just as good as the office imo, but a lot different.

I keep meaning to watch it I just keep forgetting. I'll have to make sure I check it out.

You really should, it's brilliant. Just like The Office Xmas special the Extras Xmas special makes you cry a lot. I love the truth within the comedy that Gervais does, I don't know of any other comic who can make you laugh so hard and then cry so hard a few minutes later. I'd urge you to get hold of his standup show Fame, I've watched it like 5 times and I still almost wet myself.

You really should, it's brilliant. Just like The Office Xmas special the Extras Xmas special makes you cry a lot. I love the truth within the comedy that Gervais does, I don't know of any other comic who can make you laugh so hard and then cry so hard a few minutes later. I'd urge you to get hold of his standup show Fame, I've watched it like 5 times and I still almost wet myself.

I've seen the standup show.

I'm a total Office junkie. I have both British and American on DVD and I'm not kidding that I watch it every night before I go to sleep. I will watch at least 1 episode everyday. They never get old to me.

Awesome. I've never watched the US one I have to confess, I've only watched The Office UK once through when it was first on TV. I will get hold of it sometime soon so I can watch it again, because it's just as funny the second or third time I'm sure. I've watched Extras loads of times because I've introduced so many of my friends to it that I've had to watch it all the way through.

In each episode they get a celeb to play a main cameo role within the storyline, and all the cameos are caricatures of themselves, which makes it really funny. In one episode Kate Winslet is talking dirty down the telephone and saying she might go a role like Rain Man just to get an oscar.

How he got them to say all that stuff is beyond me.

Awesome. I've never watched the US one I have to confess, I've only watched The Office UK once through when it was first on TV. I will get hold of it sometime soon so I can watch it again, because it's just as funny the second or third time I'm sure. I've watched Extras loads of times because I've introduced so many of my friends to it that I've had to watch it all the way through.

In each episode they get a celeb to play a main cameo role within the storyline, and all the cameos are caricatures of themselves, which makes it really funny. In one episode Kate Winslet is talking dirty down the telephone and saying she might go a role like Rain Man just to get an oscar.

How he got them to say all that stuff is beyond me.

It's hard to watch the first few episodes of both series because they are line for line the same.

I just started watching this little unknown series called "Look Around You". It's a slight comedy and has many of the people from Spaced and Peep Show in it (Peep Show is another one to watch if you haven't, all 4 series are funny). It's filmed in the style of a 70's science video for school kids and is quite subtle. It looks really authentic, it took me some time to figure out why we were watching it because I thought it was an actual science video.

Anyway they're only like 10 minute episodes.

people only find this show funny because a few people said it was

truth is it's fucking terrible, these two cocks aren't funny in the slightest and should sto being touted as so

also, what the fuck. you don't -try- to find something funny, you do or don't, it's a natural reflex.