Baby The Homework thread

I understand. I finished Calc 3 in my senior year of high school. Then I went to art school and they made me take differential equations because I needed a math class for my core. What in the world is a graphic designer going to do with that useless knowledge? I could have understood it if I were going to be an engineer or something. Waste of my time really though. What are you studying anyway?

I have the same questions about a lot of my classes. Why does a mechanical engineer need 2 English Comp classes? Why 3 random ass humanities courses?

I have the same questions about a lot of my classes. Why does a mechanical engineer need 2 English Comp classes? Why 3 random ass humanities courses?

No clue. I can see maybe one basic English class like Writing for Business being useful, but beyond that, I dunno. They say it is to make you a more well rounded person, but seriously, I don't use most of the crap I learned in college. Anthropology was interesting. I learned a lot about how to deal with people of different cultures and I have used that knowledge to my advantage in work environments. Maybe that will help you? I dunno.

College is a joke these days in my opinion. It's become a greedy institution.

I have a degree and I'm never going back. I'll stick to training courses. They aren't getting another 50k out of me. Hmpf

I realized I forgot to take the derivative of the argument itself (power rule? Or chain rule?).
Deriv of the argument multiplies it by 2x^1, or 2, thus canceling the 1/2

Find the volume V of the described solid S.
The base of S is a circular disk with radius 5r. Parallel cross-sections perpendicular to the base are squares.
I get finding volume by rotating around an axis, the washer method, the cylinder method, etc. Volume by slicing throws me off though.
@gee You know this enough to tell me how to set it up?
x^2 + y^2 = 25 is one equation.
I think the other is that the area of the squares = y^2?

Solve circle equation for y, input solved y^2 as the A(x) in 2A(x)dx with upper limit as 5 and lower limit as 0?