Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

LEDs dont have a *hz flicker like CFLs used to, They come in everything from yellow 1980s street light to "shit, everything is blue"
She probably buys the cheapest bulbs possible, figuring after what he spent on the beermaking, he should hide in the basement at least 12 hrs. a day.

LEDs dont have a *hz flicker like CFLs used to, They come in everything from yellow 1980s street light to "shit, everything is blue"
The house I'm staying at is full of LED bulbs, and they're flickery as fuck.

Notably in the bathroom, where the lighting acts like a strobe light and your stream of piss is very visible as droplets.

Notably in the bathroom, where the lighting acts like a strobe light and your stream of piss is very visible as droplets.
well thats strange.

How old are the light switches?

well thats strange.
Nah, the new cheap way of building cheap LED bulbs is to put a whole bunch of little LEDs in series, and connect them directly across the AC mains, without any kind of driver circuit.

The old/expensive way is to convert 120V to constant current DC, but that requires spending money on actual electronics.

It isn’t perfect tech yet, even though LEDs have been around so long.

I’ve had cheaper LEDs misbehave for no apparent reason and I just attributed the behavior to cheapness. There’s a reason for their cheapness. Cheap materials, wumpy tolerance allowances, etc.

I love “daylight” (5000+ K) bulbs for the most part, but not in my living room. Too sterile, and reveals my shitty housekeeping practices.

I picked up some LEDs at around 2875 Kelvin and they are a really great happy-medium between "cozy 2700" and "refreshing 5000". It let's all the natural colors in the house come to life and it's not harsh. I had baseboards that appeared to be the same color as the wall but are noticable whiter with the new bulbs.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I could see some sort of smart bio-identification feature that wouldn't allow females to adjust the thermostat being a real money saver.
Wait until she hits menopause. You'll be shivering and she'll be "why the fuck is this house so hot!" Older married guys don't stop sleeping in the nude because they want to, they have too.

Theyll just torture you til you give up the PIN. It has to be some sort of undefeatable bio-ID.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly