Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Is there a wifi, Google Home connectable light switch that does dimming out there? I don't want to buy a bunch of Phillips bulbs that I will have to replace years down the road.

T?hat shelf thing is held up by four nails, and is rising on the flimsy thing underneath and the worktable.

181214927IMG0343.jpg

Looks like I'll be clearing that out now. :rolleyes:

We've got blown in in our attic, does that count?

If you buy enough bags at Home Depot you get the blower machine for a free rental to install it.

We've thought about adding more, because why not.

any idea how much ya paid for how much square footage and to what r value? Im getting stuff priced

And yes, i realize i could do it myself for cheaper. But its not cheaper if i never get it done, which is whats gonna happen.

any idea how much ya paid for how much square footage and to what r value? Im getting stuff priced

And yes, i realize i could do it myself for cheaper. But its not cheaper if i never get it done, which is whats gonna happen.
Just do closed cell and be done with it.

Closed cell has to be thrown away if you need to remove it for some reason. Other blow in's can be reclaimed - so start there instead ;):p

closed cell meaning spray foam? YEah, that would definitely be the best for r value, but 4x cost.

closed cell meaning spray foam? YEah, that would definitely be the best for r value, but 4x cost.
Missed my point friend. fly had suggested it. I am suggesting AGAINST, 'cause yeah, it is destroyed if you have to remove it and costs so much up front. And type of insulation probably doesn't have much curb appeal when one is selling -buyers just want to know there is something there or will they need to do some insulating.:rolleyes: Blow-in doesn't hold moisture against the inner surface of the boards like closed-cell. And closed cell against the inside of roof also cooks the shingles to death since any cooler air passing through the attic is insulted away from the roof. Explaining the cool attic in April's parent's house. Kind of like insulating a basement on the inside - the house is warmer but the foundation goes through more freezing damage. Pick your poison.

@APRIL's parents have it. Shit is weird. Their attic, which obviously has no HVAC is just a few degrees warmer than the rest of the house in the summer.
the one place i think it would be really beneficial for me to have sprayed would be all the rim joists. Theyre basically logs and any other type of foam (batts, rigid) etc is gonna have all kindsa non-contact issues and gaps.

Aint nobody gonna agree to go in and spray those though. Super closed in space crawlspace.