Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Sack up! I did, ten years ago and things worked out splendidly!
I should, but I'm not sure where I really want to live. We've been talking Denver for a while now, but I'm starting to think we should plan our next move with climate change in mind. Colorado has HUGE fucking water issues that are likely to only get worse. Asheville would be cool, but hurricanes are likely to get more intense. And our house is like 10' sea level and right off the bay, so its likely to be underwater.

:hs:

I should, but I'm not sure where I really want to live. We've been talking Denver for a while now, but I'm starting to think we should plan our next move with climate change in mind. Colorado has HUGE fucking water issues that are likely to only get worse. Asheville would be cool, but hurricanes are likely to get more intense. And our house is like 10' sea level and right off the bay, so its likely to be underwater.

Maryland is nice.

No. Would need to be insulated and sheetrock put up.
Not sure how cold it gets there, or how well that's sealed, but during the 3 mos of cold winter here, the barn owner heats his uninsulated Morton building as a shop (basic pole barn with a cement floor) 30x80ish - looks comparable, if not a little larger, to the size of your barn without the 2nd level, with a small natural gas heater like this,

gas-propane-garage-heaters-info3.jpg

My guess is that your upper level is designed for hay storage and if you insulated just the ceiling of the 1st floor, no need for anything else, you could easily heat it for cheap with one of those. His is set at 40 degrees, and his building has a 16' ceiling.

Took some pics this morning before leaving. 11.8 acres of land fully cleared. 2 stall horse barn for storage and for the 2 Barn cats to live in that I inherited. 2 car garage for both of my vehicles.

Need to get a generator (needs 220v output to run well pump which is 400ft deep), lawn tractor, and probably a snowblower. Probably will hire a farmer to cut the field as tractors are kind of pricey.

Lots more home improvement questions and comments coming.
ff542849074bebcf41d76816af568c28.jpg
1f66aeb9f5e9e3b7e136a5bd5f04e451.jpg
da228a510431262a665dcf552172ed5f.jpg
9f19dbb960a6842864d1269086807a86.jpg
Jelly intensifies.

Congrats dude. This is awesome.

east village!! :p:D

• Gravy
Reactions: fly