The GH2 Thread

No, not impressed. I'd expect to be able to take songs from my CDs/MP3s and get some kind of tabbing file to put it in the game, really. Barring that, 40 is not nearly a good enough substitute. Especially not when I'd have to buy the guitar too.
Then you should check out the Freetar Hero project.

after an hour of gameplay, GH2 officially rocks my face off. i'm starting on the hard career (before i was working on 5-starring the expert songs in the first game, but i'll go back so i can unlock guitars). so far every time i've seen a 3-note chord we've both screamed "AHHH WTF!" i've been impressed with a few songs, particularly monkey wrench and woman. the venues are also very nice, i like the detail they put into career mode- it's a lot nicer watching someone else play than in DDR's instance (sorry, random polygons just don't do it for me) pogo made me pass the guitar to him for a while (mostly so i could rest my hands and neck- idk why i'm so tense playing this verson).
top shelf, imbibed :lol:
jebus carry on my wayward son is so freakin LONG. warm up for freebird?
how did you guys arrange your stickers on your SG?

5 star on freebird medium the first time through. IT's fucking hilarious when you get the the Freebird encore. I won't spoil it though. Now I'm going through and 5 starring the ones I got 4 on in medium to get the guitar, and then moving on to hard.

And yes, freebird is looong.

after an hour of gameplay, GH2 officially rocks my face off. i'm starting on the hard career (before i was working on 5-starring the expert songs in the first game, but i'll go back so i can unlock guitars). so far every time i've seen a 3-note chord we've both screamed "AHHH WTF!" i've been impressed with a few songs, particularly monkey wrench and woman. the venues are also very nice, i like the detail they put into career mode- it's a lot nicer watching someone else play than in DDR's instance (sorry, random polygons just don't do it for me) pogo made me pass the guitar to him for a while (mostly so i could rest my hands and neck- idk why i'm so tense playing this verson).
top shelf, imbibed :lol:
jebus carry on my wayward son is so freakin LONG. warm up for freebird?
how did you guys arrange your stickers on your SG?

ZOMG, A 3 NOTE CHORD??? :lol:

<3

There weren't any in the first game. I can imagine randomly seeing one pop up on the screen the first couple of times would throw you. Its not like you get to look at the tab before you start, you sight read as you go.

there are ALWAYS at least 3 notes in a chord :p
hence my sarcasm

Ok, so 5 starred all mediums, went to the first level of hard . . . WTF? I swear the difficulty in this game does not scale worth a shit when you throw that 5th fret in. Tried Woman and the damn thing seems like it's doubled in speed and is fucking pull-offs out the ying yang up and down the board. Jeesus. I got alot of practicing to do.

Out of curiosity I decided to try a song on Expert for shits and giggles. Sweet Child o' Mine. Made it 77% of the way through before my fingers fell off during the second to last solo. Excuse me while I go sew them back on.

i just finished freebird on hard....my fingers don't hurt, but it sucks to blink and my neck is killing me. that's pretty much overshadowed by the fact that i didn't fail a single song :D

i just finished freebird on hard....my fingers don't hurt, but it sucks to blink and my neck is killing me. that's pretty much overshadowed by the fact that i didn't fail a single song :D

Teach me your ways, oh goddess of the guitar!

Teach me your ways, oh goddess of the guitar!

the best way i can describe it is to compare it to how i play ddr. you know how you just get in the zone and kind of go into a trance/space out but everything is still lucid and your coordination goes through the roof? That's pretty much the same deal in GH. I was doing that playing on Woman, thinking about stuff to get ready for tonight's party, and apparently I only missed 1 note in the entire solo :lol: The less inhibited you are about hitting notes the better.

the best way i can describe it is to compare it to how i play ddr. you know how you just get in the zone and kind of go into a trance/space out but everything is still lucid and your coordination goes through the roof? That's pretty much the same deal in GH. I was doing that playing on Woman, thinking about stuff to get ready for tonight's party, and apparently I only missed 1 note in the entire solo :lol: The less inhibited you are about hitting notes the better.

Vid?