The "cool programs and applications" thread

AutoIt - free programming language for Windows
Orca - free .MSI editor from M$
Your Freedom - punch a hole through your work firewall so they can't monitor you. Free service and also upgraded pay service.
Unlocker - free software to allow one to delete a file that Windows has locked (in use).
Launchy - free application launcher, like vista start bar only better
Scite - free programming interface, plugins for many languages
Filezilla - free FTP client
FastStone Capture - free screen cap software (works on scrolling window)

Gaim/Pidgin > Trillian

Bah, I just went and installed it and it doesn't support the font I like.

Fraking AOL not supporting 5.9 on Vista ... I'm still looking for something to replace 6.1, it's ugly as shit compared to 5.9 with the Aero Glass effects. I tried using 5.9 but it starts refusing to start after a few tries. Grrr.

Trying Trillian, brb

I get about 400 spam emails a day cause my boss signed up for like 10 poker things under my account :mad:

anyone know a good one for Outlook?

Hows that one you use work Johnny?
it creates two folders. junk email and junk suspects. it's best if you have a few hundred junk emails to put in the junk folder initially for it to learn from. then based on it's analysis of the stuff you call junk it learns. if junk is in your inbox you click the delete as spam button. if something is close to being junk, but doesn't quite score high enough (you set the level) it'll put it in the junk suspects folder. i go through my suspects folder once a day to look for false positives (click recover from spam button) and true positives (click delete as spam). works great for me. on the default settings it only puts about 10-20 emails in the suspects folder per day and seldom are more than one or two false positives.

edit: yeah, the gmail option works. there's no reason i couldn't try that instead, but i've been using spam bayes for a few years now and i resist change.

Last edited:
I :heart: Trillian moreso than GAIM

Gah, it's even uglier than 6.1 :fly: :(

Seriously, is the development for Vista this bad?! I can't be the only one just wanting to have glass, it looks so fucking retarded to have like 5 windows open with this cool transparency blurring and one thing that's not. It's like Windows 95 is invading.

Did I miss the "turn all skins off" button somewhere?

it creates two folders. junk email and junk suspects. it's best if you have a few hundred junk emails to put in the junk folder initially for it to learn from. then based on it's analysis of the stuff you call junk it learns. if junk is in your inbox you click the delete as spam button. if something is close to being junk, but doesn't quite score high enough (you set the level) it'll put it in the junk suspects folder. i go through my suspects folder once a day to look for false positives (click recover from spam button) and true positives (click delete as spam). works great for me. on the default settings it only puts about 10-20 emails in the suspects folder per day and seldom are more than one or two false positives.

edit: yeah, the gmail option works. there's no reason i couldn't try that instead, but i've been using spam bayes for a few years now and i resist change.

Hrmmmmmm, that sounds like to much work...

We have our own email server, Ill just change my email address.