The Car Thread

Oh crap! What is going on?

Just replaced the thermostat, now the fuel pump and radiator, among otehr things. This should bring my monthly repair total to just over $1000. Perhaps I should lease an Infinity.

Are you missing any hubcaps by chance?

Aren't they all? I replaced two until I bought aftermarket caps.

i have a toyota corolla, white, 2004
i really want an infinity fx or the honda fit
oh yeah and a mini!!!!

Last edited:
Just replaced the thermostat, now the fuel pump and radiator, among otehr things. This should bring my monthly repair total to just over $1000. Perhaps I should lease an Infinity.

Yeah that is the thing with used cars. No car payment, but every two or three years I have a massive repair bill around 2k.

2k over 2 to 3 years is nothing compared to a 700 dollar infiniti payment a month. :fly:

Z06 are badaasssssss - I really want a new one :drool:

a buddy of mine has the new one and we did a little "sunday stroll" a few months ago...he has the same mods...IHE...on an empty highway he hit 155 in the time it took me to go 140...I've driven it a few times and it makes my car feel like a camaro...it's much nicer overall

chrysler 300
Ford Expedition

how bout my mom was saying last night that most cars made in the last 10 years have a plane-like "black box" that prosecutors are beginning to use to review accidents. tell whether people were speeding, hit the brakes, etc.. tis true?

Last edited:
What's a car?

I win @ the environment.

(Use chevy 2004 POS sometimes, has good gas milage)

and new credit cards have a chip in 'em that "pings" registers as you walk thru the mall?
the 300 is a niiiiice ride. you have any photos?

some credit cards have an RFID (radio frequency identification iirc) chip in them. they're the cards that you can just hold up to a reader rather than having to actually swipe them. whether they ping registers as you walk by i don't know. they're supposed to have a very limited range.

the computers in some cars will keep track of data. pretty sure that in most cases they can only keep track of data that has to run through the computer. gear selection, rpm etc. would be easy, but i think the brake system is independent.

I have three Saturns. :(

I had a '93 SW2 wagon. Was great for the first few years. Then the warranty ran out and it started to fall apart. Blown vacuum booster, snapped timing chain that destroyed the engine and they initially refused to fix it even though the chain is warrantied for 100,000 miles, bald tires after 30,000 miles, blown rear brakes, and terrible service.

My sisters fell apart too. Transmission was going and they wanted to weld something onto it, then have her pay to replace it when that failed. Plus dicked her on tires from the creepy service center.

I'll never buy another Saturn again.