The Car Thread

Places around here are advertising at least 30% off on giant SUV's and trucks.

Pretty soon they'll be 2 for 1 deals.
buy one gas guzzler, get a second of equal or lesser value for half price.

the craigslist car section here is filling up with old pickups and SUV's. that probably because those are mostly what people drive around here anyway, but at least partly because of the gas thing.

Places around here are advertising at least 30% off on giant SUV's and trucks.

Pretty soon they'll be 2 for 1 deals.

I know, I'm keeping an eye on the Toyota Tundras. I have a year and a half left on the payments for my 4Runner and I want a truck again.
They can't move the Tundras fast enough anymore.

The local Toyota dealer has big rebates on everything with a V8. When I was there a couple weeks ago they had Sequoia's for $8,000 off. :eek:

I know, I'm keeping an eye on the Toyota Tundras. I have a year and a half left on the payments for my 4Runner and I want a truck again.
They can't move the Tundras fast enough anymore.

The local Toyota dealer has big rebates on everything with a V8. When I was there a couple weeks ago they had Sequoia's for $8,000 off. :eek:
be sure to check the Titan too.

buy one gas guzzler, get a second of equal or lesser value for half price.

the craigslist car section here is filling up with old pickups and SUV's. that probably because those are mostly what people drive around here anyway, but at least partly because of the gas thing.

I don't see any less on the road up here, at least not a drastic change.

And the Tocoma looks good too. With the V6 it gets 16/20 MPG. No rebate, but it's a nice truck.

And the Honda pickup as well. My neighbor has one, he digs it.
you know, with the way pickups are going, a frontier or tacoma is about the size of full-size pickups a few years ago. unless you really need something monstrous, those big mid-sizers will do the trick.

me, i'm holding onto my 2000 model frontier until they start building LIGHT pickups again. i'd say within a year or two you'll start to see pickups the size of the mid-90's frontiers and tacomas again. they'll have 4-cylinder engines that can still pull a trailer because they aren't hauling ten tons of steel and chrome, and they'll get 25mpg on the highway. maybe they'll even make a hybrid for fuel savings when you aren't hauling weight or going 90.

you know, with the way pickups are going, a frontier or tacoma is about the size of full-size pickups a few years ago. unless you really need something monstrous, those big mid-sizers will do the trick.

me, i'm holding onto my 2000 model frontier until they start building LIGHT pickups again. i'd say within a year or two you'll start to see pickups the size of the mid-90's frontiers and tacomas again. they'll have 4-cylinder engines that can still pull a trailer because they aren't hauling ten tons of steel and chrome, and they'll get 25mpg on the highway. maybe they'll even make a hybrid for fuel savings when you aren't hauling weight or going 90.

The Chevy Colorado comes to mind.

They'll get even better mileage with a diesel, IIRC them diesel Ford Ranger's got 30+ mpg

my dad has the v6 4dr frontier and it's a great "little" truck...if I was in the market I would be hard pressed to find something better

not that toyota knows how to make a bad engine but the v6 in the frontier IS superior

It's like saying Fiji is superior to Arrowhead. Yes, it is, but not by any huge discernible amount.

Plus, the Tacoma has a superior platform, aftermarket support and overall awesomeness :mad: