Ontopic The Burqa

Are you for or against the Burqa?

• Total voters
It does affect me. I don't like it women being oppressed. I don't like anyone being oppressed. I will always be vocal against it.

There are women in the Middle East that wear them voluntarily. They like the security of not being oogled like a piece of meat when they are out on the street, and since some of the women have religious requirements to wear them, they are not out of place to wear them by choice.

217622943_594a8d3bfb.jpg

ghosty smurf?

I'm also talking about the ones that are most commonly found wearing the burqa. The burqa, as you pointed out, isn't necessarily connected to the religion so the majority of the burqa-wearing population is not associated with those fucking wackos of an extreme religious ideology. Those types of arabs are not representative of the issue you're bitching about. Most women who wear burqas do so by choice. They are choosing to obey the rules of the religion they choose to follow.

Yes it is associated with the religion. Go find me someone who is not Muslim who is born and raised and lives in the middle east who wears a burqa. Good luck.

And no most women who wear bura's do not do so on their own free will. They may chose to do so, but not by free will. More like because their religion or husband or family tell them to do so.

You are talking about people who hold their religion higher than the law. Therefor a the already existing "freedom of oppression" type laws are not going to stop the husbands treating their wives like shit.

This reminded me of something funny I heard on a podcast today. "No, I will not tell you how many kilometers, because I AM AN AMERICAN."

I heard once that American children could greatly benefit from the metric system in their education. Then I heard something about "fuck that. we are America".

There are women in the Middle East that wear them voluntarily. They like the security of not being oogled like a piece of meat when they are out on the street, and since some of the women have religious requirements to wear them, they are not out of place to wear them by choice.

There you go! Those men over there are real nice!

And I highly doubt anyone who wears a burqa on their on free will.

Yes it is associated with the religion. Go find me someone who is not Muslim who is born and raised and lives in the middle east who wears a burqa. Good luck.
Hmm, what about all the Christians that live in mid east countries? Oh, guess you forgot about them. :fly:

AND YOU WERE THE ONE TYPING IN SIZE ELEVENTEEN BITCHING THAT ITS NOT RELIGION JESUS FUCK ON A CHICKEN CEASAR SALAD
And no most women who wear bura's do not do so on their own free will. They may chose to do so, but not by free will. More like because their religion or husband or family tell them to do so.
:tard: choosing = free will. they choose to follow a religion with such rules. yes, most followers of islam, women included, do so by choice. few are forced into the religion. this isn't "not without my daughter"
You are talking about people who hold their religion higher than the law. Therefor a the already existing "freedom of oppression" type laws are not going to stop the husbands treating their wives like shit.

No, I'm talking about people who view them as the same thing. Just because you can't wrap your head around the fact that other cultures have different viewpoints on religion and law doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

And I highly doubt anyone who wears a burqa on their on free will.

well, that's your problem. stop being narrow minded

I know single muslim women here in Chicago that choose to wear burqas. The only time they don't is when entering a building that requires them to remove it for security reasons. They don't have husbands or fathers to tell them they have to wear them, they make a conscious choice to follow the rules of the religion they have chosen to follow.

big

fucking

deal

Hmm, what about all the Christians that live in mid east countries? Oh, guess you forgot about them. :fly:

AND YOU WERE THE ONE TYPING IN SIZE ELEVENTEEN BITCHING THAT ITS NOT RELIGION JESUS FUCK ON A CHICKEN CEASAR SALAD :tard: choosing = free will. they choose to follow a religion with such rules. yes, most followers of islam, women included, do so by choice. few are forced into the religion. this isn't "not without my daughter"

No, I'm talking about people who view them as the same thing. Just because you can't wrap your head around the fact that other cultures have different viewpoints on religion and law doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

Do I really have to rephrase my posts for the lowest possible intellectual level?

I really can't believe people are not understanding anything here.. It's like your purposefully arguing for sake of it..

It's not religious, but is associated with the religion. Their are plenty of Muslim people who wear the same clothes as you an I. The ones who wear the Burqa are fundamentalists, and they have adopted the Burqa due to their misogynistic tendencies. Now ignorant people just think, "it's a religious garment!", when it is not.

Christians in the middle east have nothing to do with this conversation whatsoever.

Choosing does not equal free will. I..... wtf, why do I even need to explain this? Unbelievable.........

I don't even know what you mean by your last comment. Of course cultures have different viewpoints. Doesn't make them all right. Especially when they leave they own country and live in another. We in the civilized world deem certain things as wrong, and do not allow it in our societies. If they wish to live in those societies, they need to understand and recognize what we deem as wrong.

and you wonder why you have no friends

I have no friends because you post offtopic shit in ontopic threads? Yeah that's it.

You're a mod here, there are rules, I follow them, why don't you?

If I break them, drool, you, or fly jump on me. I got banned for calling someone lazy. Yeah completely fucking gay, but they are the rules.

I guess being a mod gives you rule circumventing abilities?

well, that's your problem. stop being narrow minded

I know single muslim women here in Chicago that choose to wear burqas. The only time they don't is when entering a building that requires them to remove it for security reasons. They don't have husbands or fathers to tell them they have to wear them, they make a conscious choice to follow the rules of the religion they have chosen to follow.

big

fucking

deal

:waw:

If you raise a women to only know that being beating by a man is ok. Do you think she'll ever complain about it? Who's really the one with the closed mind?

I have no friends because you post offtopic shit in ontopic threads? Yeah that's it.

If I break them, drool, you, or fly jump on me. I got banned for calling someone lazy. Yeah completely fucking gay, but they are the rules.

I was making a joke about a burqa :tard: that means it's ontopic
go be a dick elsewhere, I'm not buying

Mod with the offtopic posts posts again..

I read it and, in context, it seemed to be part of the burka discussion to me.
:shrug: