Food The Battle For Turkey 2016

Ugh. You too? What is wrong with you people, it's not even December yet.
We follow Advent which started today so my tree went up yesterday. So we have Advent until the 25th and then Christmas season after that until Jan 6th. Trees and holiday prep is all done in the church during this time.

So you suck because your heathen ass doesn't understand how a real Christian holiday works.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Well I find this capricious and arbitrary.
grumpy-cat-says-good-1440109287.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG
We follow Advent which started today so my tree went up yesterday. So we have Advent until the 25th and then Christmas season after that until Jan 6th. Trees and holiday prep is all done in the church during this time.

So you suck because your heathen ass doesn't understand how a real Christian holiday works.
Those are all made up rules with no solid reasoning behind them.

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG and nukes
I like to choose the best parts of holidays so I can celebrate them even if it's not my belief. With Christmas, Peace on earth, Goodwill to men sounds good to me

The tree represents Yule, a pagan solstice festival. The tree is not a symbol of Christ.
Likewise, bunnies and eggs are fertility symbols for spring equinox and also do not represent Christ or resurrection.

Constantine and Justinian were big on integrating local pagan custom into their newfound Christian state in order to not get Constantinople sacked.

The more you know...

The tree represents Yule, a pagan solstice festival. The tree is not a symbol of Christ.
Likewise, bunnies and eggs are fertility symbols for spring equinox and also do not represent Christ or resurrection.

Constantine and Justinian were big on integrating local pagan custom into their newfound Christian state in order to not get Constantinople sacked.

The more you know...
Absolutely rekt

The more you know...

Someone will be along shortly to fingerfuck this, Nukes. But I like it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Those are all made up rules with no solid reasoning behind them.
So is yours about it needing to be December to put a tree up then.

At least mine is deep rooted in tradition throughout history

:jvag:

The more you know...
Stop trying to spoil my fun you heathen.