The average Obama Voter

so what can ANY person actually accomplish in four years? how often does the procedure usually take from start to finish? how much control does the president have, anyway? i honestly don't know much about the whole procedure...i'd be some of those dumb numbers, too, because i don't invest as much time as i should in politics. i just don't know...with the combination of things that need fixing (which are so monstrous they're suffocating), and the things that need to be produced, it seems crazy to think much can happen at all in just four years. it's a very ignorant opinion, i'm sure, but i am looking for some good discussions here.

:lol:

it's not that 90% of obama supporters are stupid americans uneducated on actual politics and only know what they see as hot topics on mtv, tabloids, our shit news system, etc...

it's that 90% of all americans are like this.

ah. i see then. for most people its a minor issue.

i guess alot of troops dont want openly gay people... so let them have it their way. to me, the guys putting their lives on the line and fighting for our nation deserve a little leniancy. the only people getting screwed here are the very small handful of gays in the military that want to be open... but on the opposing side you're keeping alot of other people happy.

so what do you do? dont ask dont tell lets gays in but they just cant be open. seems like a fairly decent compromise imo. hopefully someday we move past the need for it, but i'm not 100% sure we are there yet.

ah. i see then. for most people its a minor issue.

i guess alot of troops dont want openly gay people... so let them have it their way. to me, the guys putting their lives on the line and fighting for our nation deserve a little leniancy. the only people getting screwed here are the very small handful of gays in the military that want to be open... but on the opposing side you're keeping alot of other people happy.

so what do you do? dont ask dont tell lets gays in but they just cant be open. seems like a fairly decent compromise imo. hopefully someday we move past the need for it, but i'm not 100% sure we are there yet.

It goes a little further than DADT - if they're given reason to investigate you, you can still be discharged if they determine that you're gay.

Why is it other peoples business that some people are gay... bah! Who cares, they aren't stepping on your lawn. Those pricks! Now that we have elected a half black president... maybe the next one can be gay?

Ooohh that'd be neat.

Why is this an issue? Like Fly said Obama and his campaign got mass amounts of people out the vote who have never voted before and isn't that more important?
As a democracy we need people to vote and we need as many people as possible to vote.

Maybe I am just daft, but I am glad we had the turn out at the polls that we did.

I JUST DON'T KNOW WHO OBAMA -IS- let alone his VOTERS

but this clears everything up thanks

You are joking right Polo? I mean I know USA sucks in the eyes of most "foreign" countries and their governments, but really? What has this thread proven to you at all? Anything? Except maybe we are a bunch of semi-educated gluttons who like to take an emotional stand?