Ontopic The 3D printing thread

^- this is why 3D printing is awesome.

If that's PLA it might sag a bit over time depending on weight and temperature, worst case reprint it in ABS or PETG or whatever. Or it might be fine. But it probably won't spontaneously fail and drop your router.

In case anyone gives a fuck:

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
You should check out Adam Savage's YouTube channel. He makes the weirdest shit, mostly props but sometimes practical stuff. Lotta 3D printing and just... random ass stuff.

can you make a 3D penis dildo?
asking for a friend
It would be easier to mold one.

You can make buttplugs on a lathe. I helped a um... a friend of mine make one with ball bearings in it, she was weird.

Last edited:
can you make a 3D penis dildo?
asking for a friend
Yes. However due to how 3D prints work it would not be advisable to use it as a dildo. They have ridges that can hold bacteria and become a big problem later. You could use it as a mold for a silicone dido, though.

Also, depending on how much of a slore your "friend" is, the size may not fit on the printer.

Last edited:
Yes. However due to how 3D prints work it would not be advisable to use it as a dildo. They have ridges that can hold bacteria and become a big problem later. You could use it as a mold for a silicone dido, though.

Also, depending on how much of a slore your "friend" is, the size may not fit on the printer.
Yeah, mine's too small for any Bad Dragons. :(

Gave my Ender 3 away last night, and now I'm digging through all my spares to find the 24V shit to go along with it (extra heaters and fans, plus a spare glass bed).

Hooking another rube into the ghetto fabulous 3D printing hobby.

He got:
Ender 3 w/1.1.4 main board babyduino
custom compiled Marlin
BLTouch probe
E3D v6 hot end
glass bed, solid mounted to the carriage
external MOSFET bed and hot end boards (put on after I got nervous about blowing up main board MOSFETs)
dual Z motor and lead screw for the gantry

It's a decent starter machine. I'm looking forward to helping him along.

I just purchased a Blender tutorial program from MakerTales with the goal of learning Blender to make board game inserts and pieces to sell on Etsy.

Made a bunch of bird nests last night, seems like the hot end came loose somehow. Gonna have to take it apart and clean it up, and replace the 30x30x10mm fan that was on the hot end, as it lost a blade and now vibrates like a dildo.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
To make the bottom, there are two cubes unioned, and then that was differenced against the buttplug positives.

To make the top, there is one cube differenced against four cubes (one each for the cavities between the ribs, and one to rim the bottom and stop the ribs to mate with the bottom) and the buttplug positives.

There's some rotation and repositioning in there too, because the buttplug positives start laid out in the XY plane, and the bottom and top are built around that.

To make the bottom, there are two cubes unioned, and then that was differenced against the buttplug positives.

To make the top, there is one cube differenced against four cubes (one each for the cavities between the ribs, and one to rim the bottom and stop the ribs to mate with the bottom) and the buttplug positives.

There's some rotation and repositioning in there too, because the buttplug positives start laid out in the XY plane, and the bottom and top are built around that.
I can't wait to hopefully get good enough to do that.