Ontopic The 3D printing thread

As a reference, this was printed with no supports and no raft. Just like this.

69472ef6d851d7f459a848aaccbab084.jpg

ad1f8e8570b15e4d52a3efd077352039.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I didn't have his issue with the Bowden tube couplers, but the fake build-tac bed sticker definitely annoyed me (replaced with a pei sticker some time ago). The only thing he recommends that I haven't done already is auto bed levelling.

Looks fine the way it's oriented, and it'll be used in compression, it'll be fine.

And 3D prints are strong. I'm using a 3D printed chunk of ABS as a pinch weld insert for my trolley jack. Holds up great with 1000+ lbs of car on it.

Make sure you print it the right way up. Splitting along the grain would suck.

Maybe platidip the end you're hammering on to keep it from fracturing from an off-center blow?
If I beat it to death, it's about the size of a 1 1/2" piece of PVC, so no big loss.

but really, if I haven't seated a little rubber seal before it falls apart, I've done something wrong.

I made another dildo. The Dildo Bush.

dildo_bush.png

This ones a caster bushing for a cart full of kickboards and pull buoys at the pool.

If it works well, I'll replace the other 3 that aren't busted.

I had to reorient it in the slicer so that the force is distributed along the axis it'll be more strongly printed.

My last dildo, the drift for my oil seals, was a resounding success. I'm actually going to print 3 or 4 of them for my friends.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
For that size? That's phenomenal if the quality is good. For a reference, I was thinking about grabbing a Flashforge that's about the same price but has a build volume of roughly 7 X 7 X 7 inches.

Crealities are the ones that kept lighting on fire though right

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk