WTF thanks for the awesome bday gift, dad!

car before the crash. f430 scuderia

files.php

Best sleeper in the world is an early 80's Chevy Monza 2+2. A few them them came with a v-8, making the car weight about 1600lbs, all of it engine. Damn thing took off like an F-16.
My vote would be a plymouth sundance turbo - friend of mine in newfoundland has one, and he's done a fair bit of work to it. Car looks like a piece of shit, but runs in the 13s and has humiliated a lot of cars.

Swap a 2.2 turbo in there and profit
Small matter of "spouse acceptance". She hates my bumpy/loud GTI enough already, I don't know if she'd leave me or kill me if I added a K-car to the stable.

Small matter of "spouse acceptance". She hates my bumpy/loud GTI enough already, I don't know if she'd leave me or kill me if I added a K-car to the stable.
That sucks, what's her objection?

I got lucky, my wife is all about wrenching. She's helping me change bushings in my E30 next month.

My vote would be a plymouth sundance turbo - friend of mine in newfoundland has one, and he's done a fair bit of work to it. Car looks like a piece of shit, but runs in the 13s and has humiliated a lot of cars.

I partied with some newfies who were in town for business with my company. they were seemingly hysterically retarded yet knew their shit. we drank a lot. even by my standards. :cool:

GOD DAMNED NEWFIES!

That sucks, what's her objection?

I got lucky, my wife is all about wrenching. She's helping me change bushings in my E30 next month.

my gf is way cool like that too. she rode a sport bike as a teenager at UGA. I've never ridden a bike ever. cager 4 lyfe.

Best sleeper in the world is an early 80's Chevy Monza 2+2. A few them them came with a v-8, making the car weight about 1600lbs, all of it engine. Damn thing took off like an F-16.

OMG!! My mom had one of these!

This was my first car, anyone remember these??
For a 19 yr old, it wasn't the best idea. I hit a deer going 90 the first month I had it. I don't know how we weren't killed dead. I have to dig up pics of that. Blood all over the place, (from the deer).

Then a month out of the shop, I backed into a ditch. :/ I ended up taking performance car driving lessons at a raceway in Ohio. Super expensive, but I learned a ton about how to control a powerful car, esp rear wheel with tweaked turbo. It was such a fun car and really impressive looking at that time. A lot of memories with that car! When I bought it, I didn't even know how to drive stick. I learned in 5 mins in a Kmart parking lot. :) Eventually, I taught my mom & sister how to drive stick on it. Later, I acquired a red one, too. A friend's that was moving out of state. Both were mint. Fun. Fun.

0EdE5.jpg

7DRPU.jpg

I fucking love starions, it saddens me greatly that you destroyed one to thoroughly. I almost picked one up instead of the E30 but it was too rusty.

I fucking love starions, it saddens me greatly that you destroyed one to thoroughly. I almost picked one up instead of the E30 but it was too rusty.

I had Conquests. The car wasn't destroyed! The whole front/side panel was ripped back though. I hit the hindside of the deer, which is the only way I lived, really. Really crazy. :)

I had Conquests. The car wasn't destroyed! The whole front/side panel was ripped back though. I hit the hindside of the deer, which is the only way I lived, really. Really crazy. :)
Sounds pretty major to me. :p

The Mitsubishi Starion was rebadged as the Chrysler Conquest. It was designed by Mitsubishi and used a Mitsubishi driveline.