Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

@HipHugHer I'm looking at these speaker cabs on Reverb called Raezers Edge. I almost feel like I can't go wrong for the price.
Keep in mind I'm in a Geezer band which does folk Rock and 50% of the time plays acoustic these days through the P.A.
So massive volume is not necessary.
What do you think of the Eminence S2012 drivers he puts in these cabs?
Raezers Edge Bass Lite (2) 1x12's https://reverb.com/item/3630428-rae...x12-s?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share

Honestly, at this stage of the game, the Fender rumble 500 is the best bang for the buck amp I've bought in a very long time.
2 10s , 500 watts (with extension cab) but I don't even need that much with the DI and PA. Versatile EQ with a crunch channel. Its light, especially when someone else carries it. And most importantly, it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. A worry free bar gig amp / stage monitor.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Honestly, at this stage of the game, the Fender rumble 500 is the best bang for the buck amp I've bought in a very long time.
2 10s , 500 watts (with extension cab) but I don't even need that much with the DI and PA. Versatile EQ with a crunch channel. Its light, especially when someone else carries it. And most importantly, it sounds pretty damn good for what it is. A worry free bar gig amp / stage monitor.
When someone else carries it?
You have Roadies?
What's her number?

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
@HipHugHer I'm looking at these speaker cabs on Reverb called Raezers Edge. I almost feel like I can't go wrong for the price.
Keep in mind I'm in a Geezer band which does folk Rock and 50% of the time plays acoustic these days through the P.A.
So massive volume is not necessary.
What do you think of the Eminence S2012 drivers he puts in these cabs?
Raezers Edge Bass Lite (2) 1x12's https://reverb.com/item/3630428-rae...x12-s?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share

Basslite series (that s2012) is quality drivers and crazy light weight. (Stamped frame and 4 ounce neo magnet). Don't need a huge box to make good bass either. Little smoother/warmer than the PA series speakers people repurpose in bass cabs which have hotter upper mids.

Power handling isn't as high (150 watts each) which is why some shy away from them but it's plenty for anything you're doing.

Ad might be a misprint or copy paste from another model. Should be 150 wstts @ 8ohms for one cab, 300 watts @ 4 ohms for the pair. Could use an amp twice that power as long you're not cranking it to 11 all the time.

Hope that price is for the pair and not a single cab. The drivers are around $100 each retail.

Basslite series (that s2012) is quality drivers and crazy light weight. (Stamped frame and 4 ounce neo magnet). Don't need a huge box to make good bass either. Little smoother/warmer than the PA series speakers people repurpose in bass cabs which have hotter upper mids.

Power handling isn't as high (150 watts each) which is why some shy away from them but it's plenty for anything you're doing.

Ad might be a misprint or copy paste from another model. Should be 150 wstts @ 8ohms for one cab, 300 watts @ 4 ohms for the pair. Could use an amp twice that power as long you're not cranking it to 11 all the time.

Hope that price is for the pair and not a single cab. The drivers are around $100 each retail.
I bet he's got a tweeter that's 150 watts in there and he's calling it a 300 watt power handling system.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
The ad doesn't mention anything about tweeters. Don't know if you'd miss the top end for slap or upright or not.

Tweeter, filter, l-pad isn't a terribly complicated thing to add on later if you really need it. Would only have to do it to one cab. Probably $100-$125 upgrade all in for something decent.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Any of you guys have any experience with newer Carvin (now Kiesel) basses?

Looking at kits again for a 5-string. One of my main players is a 4-string kit of theirs from 2002-3-ish. Fantasticly built instrument.

Specifically curious about the large pole piece MM style pups and the P-style pup. I have their "J99", jazz type single coils in mine. Nothing wrong with them, just don't want another of the same thing.

https://www.kieselguitars.com/pickups/

Actually, the way the J99's sound, they'd make for a pretty clear/precise low B. Might make more sense to use those in a 5'er and fill/re-rout the 4-banger to a PJ format. Or maybe even P/MM, who knows.

• Gravy
And yet another acoustic gig last night. I use nothing but the Boulder Creek acoustic bass guitar in the zoom acoustic preamp modeler and effects unit. The drummer who was on his de Djembe kit kept complaining that my bass was too loud yet I can barely hear it. About halfway through the night he looked at me and he said that's just the preamp isn't it? I said yeah it makes for a clear deep defined modeled upright bass sound so it's going to cut through. I'm probably going to have problems with this guy if he doesn't like the sound of bass.

And yet another acoustic gig last night. I use nothing but the Boulder Creek acoustic bass guitar in the zoom acoustic preamp modeler and effects unit. The drummer who was on his de Djembe kit kept complaining that my bass was too loud yet I can barely hear it. About halfway through the night he looked at me and he said that's just the preamp isn't it? I said yeah it makes for a clear deep defined modeled upright bass sound so it's going to cut through. I'm probably going to have problems with this guy if he doesn't like the sound of bass.

Was he backed up against a wall or corner or something?

• Gravy