Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

Now I need a super light cab @ 4 ohms. Cause this thing barely volumes up the stage at 4 ohms, it's not gonna be audible into an 8 ohm cab. And I damn sure don't want to tote around 2 8 ohm cabs in order to not break Ohms Law (thing has an out put of 4 ohms).

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Now I need a super light cab @ 4 ohms. Cause this thing barely volumes up the stage at 4 ohms, it's not gonna be audible into an 8 ohm cab. And I damn sure don't want to tote around 2 8 ohm cabs in order to not break Ohms Law (thing has an out put of 4 ohms).

Does that outfit you linked to a couple days ago make a 210 with a pair of basslite s2010's in it?

• Gravy
I don't think he makes a 2 10 but I'll check. I like the idea of what this guy's doing he makes really light stuff and he voices it for upright Bass.

4ohms, lightweight, small, good bass, and ability to cover a stage or play a small room kind of limits to 210's.

A high sensitivity 15, even in 8ohms (more technical babble) will do it but you'll pay a penalty in box size, which is more cumbersome/awkward even if it's not any heavier.

A "super 12" could do it too but your amp or speaker or both aren't going to have any headroom left.
"That's all she's got and she ain't got no more, cap'n!"

• Gravy
I don't think he makes a 2 10 but I'll check. I like the idea of what this guy's doing he makes really light stuff and he voices it for upright Bass.

With neo magnets, lightweight and quality is all in bracing design and construction which is more labor intensive, more attention to detail, and thus more expensive.

Lightweight and cheap means a flimsy box, which will rob an otherwise quality speaker of both output and tone.

Mid level speaker in quality box > high quality speaker in crappy box.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and adi