Ontopic String's and Adi's gear & pedal thread

I would make a bet of almost $100 (maybe let's say $96 cuz I'm a Jew) that I can hand the bass to someone and lie and say it's an active bass and they believe it.

Maybe a pot of different value would help?

I have some Chernobyl that would calm that bass a little. Hehe

• Barf
  • Gravy
Reactions: nukes and adi
I had the 3 channel programmable Sansamp for awhile and used it as you’ve described. The gain/input was set different for each channel.

I’m sure you know that junk though.

• Gravy
Its a switch on the top of mine but I looked up a picture of the 3 channel and it doesn't look like it has one.

That controls Sansamp OUTput and won’t change the clipping. That’s all what being fed into it.

I don’t know why I chime in here. I’m way too stupid.

• Haha
  • Gravy
That controls Sansamp OUTput and won’t change the clipping. That’s all what being fed into it.

I don’t know why I chime in here. I’m way too stupid.
The output can cause the amp to clip. There's no clip indicator on the sansamp afaik.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
That being said, I'm no longer in love with my 3 Channel sansamp bddi. It creates clipping almost instantly if I have a bass that has high output pickups.
Use the blend control baba, make it way dry and increase the gain

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
The output can cause the amp to clip. There's no clip indicator on the sansamp afaik.

The output can ALSO cause the amp to clip.

Do you have a Sansamp handy? Plug in your bass. Crank the “level” knob, which is also “gain” or input”. I guarantee it’s gonna clip, regardless of what position the line/instrument switch is in.

A Sansamp is a great dirty pedal also.

I’m not arguing with you, just saying there’s more than one way to get an amp to clip. I know you are superior, dude.

The output can ALSO cause the amp to clip.

Do you have a Sansamp handy? Plug in your bass. Crank the “level” knob, which is also “gain” or input”. I guarantee it’s gonna clip, regardless of what position the line/instrument switch is in.

A Sansamp is a great dirty pedal also.

I’m not arguing with you, just saying there’s more than one way to get an amp to clip. I know you are superior, dude.

I had that backwards. I meant to say “drive” not “level”. Sansamp backwards, like Japanese.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi