Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

Strange popcorn: New taste sensation or an affront to God?

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by Mondoz, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Anyone tried this stuff yet?
    http://www.orville.com/gateway?waf.action=P04ProductDetail&productID=1044&mnav=products
    [​IMG]

The popcorn is cinnamon flavored, and you pour over some icing when it's done.
    I made some once, but it burned a little and it didn't work out too well.
    I'm debating giving it another try, but the burned batch has me scared.

Caramel flavored is pretty good, but it's such a pain to make it...

They've got a bunch of other odd flavors... Not sure what they're like, though.

http://www.orville.com/gateway?waf.action=P03ProductSubCategory&subCategoryID=104&mnav=products

I'm always in favor of affronts to God, but popcorn is one of the very few things I still hold sacred.

2. I did accidentally one day. There was a package of microwave popcorn in the kitchen at work, and I decided to be sneaky and pop it and eat it. There was something seriously amiss with the popcorn. The stuff I tried didn't require pouring of icing ontop of it, but it did have a sugary sweetness which was a bit unnerving when I wanted salted buttery goodness.

After looking closely at the wrapper I discovered my mistake. It just wasn't a combination I was ready for at the time.

3. I just like lightly buttered popcorn.

4. The stuff in the theaters is my favorite, but nothing in the stores is exactly the same. :(

5. That looks fucking nasty.

6. that sounds foul

7. No, chicken flavor doesn't come out until December.

Buh-dum-dum.
    Thank you, thank you very much.

8. /me tosses limp lettuce onstage

*hides*

:heart:

9. hmm

extra butter :drool:

10. You've been a great audience.
    Tell all your friends.

11. Update:
    When not burned, this stuff is actually pretty good, IMO.

12. I hate those small "single" serving popcorn bags things. They piss me off. It cleary says on the package "microwave for 2 minutes." I microwave for 2 minutes. It get's burned. I eat it anyway. The next day, I try again. Only this time I try for 1 minute 30 seconds. Still burned. Yet again, I eat it. So the following day I try it one more time, only this time for 1 minute. It is partially burned and only half the kernels are popped. By this point, I am thoroughly pissed. I really hate those small popcorn packet things. :mad: :rant: :blah:

13. My kids like the stuff, but I haven't had it yet.

If you want to talk about an affront to God I would put the "inside out Reese's cups" in that category. For a few days I developed a taste for them. I felt as if I were slipping over to the dark side or something. Fortunately sanity set in again, and now I wonder what I was thinking anyway :confused:

14. That looks like a stomach ache waiting to happen.

15. Ok now I know I'm tired.

I actually :lol:'d at this one.

16. Hmmm, I just got the Cinnabon muffins last week.

Going to have to try this at work and kill everyone with the smell

17. You recently suffered head trauma, didn't you?

18. honey butter...sounds sexy ......

19. 2 mins on 70% power = win