Strange popcorn: New taste sensation or an affront to God?

M

Mondoz

Anyone tried this stuff yet?
http://www.orville.com/gateway?waf.action=P04ProductDetail&productID=1044&mnav=products
prod_sweet_cinnabon_lg.jpg

The popcorn is cinnamon flavored, and you pour over some icing when it's done.
I made some once, but it burned a little and it didn't work out too well.
I'm debating giving it another try, but the burned batch has me scared.

Caramel flavored is pretty good, but it's such a pain to make it...

They've got a bunch of other odd flavors... Not sure what they're like, though.

http://www.orville.com/gateway?waf.action=P03ProductSubCategory&subCategoryID=104&mnav=products

I'm always in favor of affronts to God, but popcorn is one of the very few things I still hold sacred.

I did accidentally one day. There was a package of microwave popcorn in the kitchen at work, and I decided to be sneaky and pop it and eat it. There was something seriously amiss with the popcorn. The stuff I tried didn't require pouring of icing ontop of it, but it did have a sugary sweetness which was a bit unnerving when I wanted salted buttery goodness.

After looking closely at the wrapper I discovered my mistake. It just wasn't a combination I was ready for at the time.

The stuff in the theaters is my favorite, but nothing in the stores is exactly the same. :(

Mondoz said:
No, chicken flavor doesn't come out until December.

Buh-dum-dum.
Thank you, thank you very much.
/me tosses limp lettuce onstage

*hides*

:heart:

Update:
When not burned, this stuff is actually pretty good, IMO.

I hate those small "single" serving popcorn bags things. They piss me off. It cleary says on the package "microwave for 2 minutes." I microwave for 2 minutes. It get's burned. I eat it anyway. The next day, I try again. Only this time I try for 1 minute 30 seconds. Still burned. Yet again, I eat it. So the following day I try it one more time, only this time for 1 minute. It is partially burned and only half the kernels are popped. By this point, I am thoroughly pissed. I really hate those small popcorn packet things. :mad: :rant: :blah:

My kids like the stuff, but I haven't had it yet.

If you want to talk about an affront to God I would put the "inside out Reese's cups" in that category. For a few days I developed a taste for them. I felt as if I were slipping over to the dark side or something. Fortunately sanity set in again, and now I wonder what I was thinking anyway :confused:

Excedrin said:
I hate those small "single" serving popcorn bags things. They piss me off. It cleary says on the package "microwave for 2 minutes." I microwave for 2 minutes. It get's burned. I eat it anyway. The next day, I try again. Only this time I try for 1 minute 30 seconds. Still burned. Yet again, I eat it. So the following day I try it one more time, only this time for 1 minute. It is partially burned and only half the kernels are popped. By this point, I am thoroughly pissed. I really hate those small popcorn packet things. :mad: :rant: :blah:
2 mins on 70% power = win