Stephen Colbert: Bravery or Idiocy

I think it makes any president look good if they at least LOOK like they're able to laugh at themselves

Krazed said:
I think it makes any president look good if they at least LOOK like they're able to laugh at themselves
Maybe to people who don't understand body politic. His job is to be a figurehead and leader, not a jester.

Galen said:
Maybe to people who don't understand body politic. His job is to be a figurehead and leader, not a jester.
Right, but that's what he's made himself into. At least in my eyes.

Pandora said:
I stand by this man because he stands for things. Not only for things, he stands on things. Things like aircraft carriers and rubble and recently flooded city squares. And that sends a strong message, that no matter what happens to America, she will always rebound -- with the most powerfully staged photo ops in the world.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I love that man. Would anyone else say this to the prez face with all the media in the world watching?

OMFG I laughed so hard when I saw that last night. ANd the Chocolate City thing, "white center" was hysterical.

I found it to be almost uncomfortable because many of the audience didn't know whether to laugh or leave the room. I found it funny, don't get me wrong, but I also found it to be a bit disrespectful. Does anyone else agree?

Candy said:
OMFG I laughed so hard when I saw that last night. ANd the Chocolate City thing, "white center" was hysterical.

I found it to be almost uncomfortable because many of the audience didn't know whether to laugh or leave the room. I found it funny, don't get me wrong, but I also found it to be a bit disrespectful. Does anyone else agree?
I don't see it as disrespectful, as it shows what a great nation we can be a part of. I did feel a little uncomfortable for Colbert tho, even though he wasn't.

fly said:
I don't see it as disrespectful, as it shows what a great nation we can be a part of. I did feel a little uncomfortable for Colbert tho, even though he wasn't.

Actually, I think mockary is somewhat disrespectful. Not many other nations would allow someone to make a mockary of their leader like Colbert did. And because of that it shows what a great nation we can be a part of. Tho some would probably say just the opposite, that our leader (/country) is weak because he allows people to be disrespectful towards him....