Spyware - What do you use?

the whole reason I started doing this was because I got tired of hearing about people losing their data because the tech is only willing to wipe out their machines.

With a full backup they shouldn't loose anything. If they are missing something just yank it from the back up.

I'm not in IT, so this may not be ideal?

With a full backup they shouldn't loose anything. If they are missing something just yank it from the back up.

I'm not in IT, so this may not be ideal?

Not on a personal machine that you can't access something to back it up with. Lots of times these machines take 20-30 minutes to power on even. Couple that with it being a laptop, I may not be able to just transfer the information over. And truth be told, would you really pay someone $100 to re-install windows?

Not on a personal machine that you can't access something to back it up with. Lots of times these machines take 20-30 minutes to power on even. Couple that with it being a laptop, I may not be able to just transfer the information over. And truth be told, would you really pay someone $100 to re-install windows?

Well I am glad there are still people out there that are dumb with computers. Puts food on the table for everyone on this forum. :fly:

IDE/ATA cable and slave the drive to a clean machine run the cleaning process and reconnect the machine.
those slave drive cables are rather cheap and are soo effective on a non encrypted machine.

Edit: this is what I mean. http://www.usbgear.com/SATA-IDE-U2.html

Last edited:
IDE/ATA cable and slave the drive to a clean machine run the cleaning process and reconnect the machine.
those slave drive cables are rather cheap and are soo effective on a non encrypted machine.

Edit: this is what I mean. http://www.usbgear.com/SATA-IDE-U2.html

Yeah I've used those before. But while the point is for me to make money, I also need a justification of charging it too. I'm never going to charge $100 to re-install Windows. That's a $25 at most job.

Yeah I've used those before. But while the point is for me to make money, I also need a justification of charging it too. I'm never going to charge $100 to re-install Windows. That's a $25 at most job.

$25 for a reinstall and data restore??? I'm subbing out my work to you.

There's a reason I get all the work. I'm undercutting local competition and still making money for my time.

Wow. I used to charge that, then I got smart. Increasing the price of labor decreases the amount of less desirable customers. The ones who bitch about everything, those who won't pay or could pay but are cheap.

Wow. I used to charge that, then I got smart. Increasing the price of labor decreases the amount of less desirable customers. The ones who bitch about everything, those who won't pay or could pay but are cheap.

I've never had anyone bitch about everything nor had ones who refused to pay. Actually most of my clientelle are millionares or on their way there. They have no problem paying me.