Food Springtime Thread 2016

3.17 acres total. About half is wooded.

Garden will wind up being 75x100. And firewood is free if we pull it out of the woods ourselves.
I think a medium duty riding mower (not the biggest, but not tiny either) with a decent sized pull behind trailer with a drop gate (not an actual 'dump' trailer) will do what you want. When I was in college, I redid a guys yard & that was his set up. 2 full acres, only a few trees. House/lawn/landscaping.

the trailer was like this size, but no tipping. On the one I used the back gate dropped like a tailgate.
atv_trailer_LCPTP_2.jpg

To me, if you go too large it will be useful until you're done, then overkill. The size above is easy to hookup & drive around a yard & you can use a riding mower to mow the grass (do you have enough grass to merit a riding mower?)

what do you want to do with it. Tow a cart, but what else. Do you want to mow the lawn? Do you want to load the cart with it (loader), do you want to till the garden with it? Do you want to dig holes?

@Valve1138

Your yard is awesome big.

First thing id be doing, is walling out your neighbors on both sides with rows of fast growing trees, assuming you plan to stick around this place a while.

Usually what I go to first if I have a project, sucks that the closest one to me is in Plant City.
Luna likes the ride, though.

Northern Tool would probably be a winner as well

you have stores for northern tool? I get their catalog, but i always viewed them a mail order harbor freight, not someplace you'd buy grass seed.

you have stores for northern tool? I get their catalog, but i always viewed them a mail order harbor freight, not someplace you'd buy grass seed.
Better quality than HF, and mostly machinery, but they have everything a TSC would at least. More of a focus on hardware, but I've picked up a little bit of everything there

ehhh, i have some northern tool stuff. Id say theyre very comparable. Much larger selection though.

Ok here's the yard. From the back door of my shop to the shed is 170', that hill gets steep hauling shit up in a wheelbarrow.

The garden will be 50x75 to start.

Things I need this alleged tractor to do:

Manually operated dump trailer to haul things down from the driveway like cow shit, landscape material, etc.

Haul firewood up to the house to be stacked under the porch in log racks.

Optional, things we'll eventually want to do with it.

Till that garden.

Snowblower attachment.

Here's the thing with our budget. I'm not buy some half-assed turd that will frustrate me because it's inadequate. Tell me what I should get so I can price it out and compare options.