Springtime Fun

I can't see the images but from the description I assume they look something like this

attachment.php

A couple of Saturdays ago I helped clean up some junk trees on my mom's property. Chainsaw needs to be sharpened. I hate sharpening it as I don't know what the proper angle is. The sharpener I have has a couple of different angles on the guide.

Seems like an odd location for a utility pole & anchor. Also the protector plate for lines (I assume telephone) going underground. Does the utility co have an easement across your property?

it does. Its always been there, and only feeds my house.

I've requested a move, but

a) they want to charge me 4 grand to move it
b) they want to cut down this giant weeping willow i have and like to do so.

It sure would be nice to not have to till around that..

A couple of Saturdays ago I helped clean up some junk trees on my mom's property. Chainsaw needs to be sharpened. I hate sharpening it as I don't know what the proper angle is. The sharpener I have has a couple of different angles on the guide.

What brand is it (and is the blade original to the saw?)

If you dont know that, 30 is the most common. 35 is sometimes a thing, but dulls pretty quickly.

Bummer. I see one line doesn't appear to be in any conduit. Hopefully buried deep enough.

that line going up the pole is some oldass cable line thats not hooked up to anything. Doesnt even register on miss utility. If its still there underground, ive long since chopped it up

I also cleared my patch of dirt recently, though it's only 10x30. I rented a tiller and used that (shameful, I know).

My cherry trees wintered nicely, and their strawberry ground cover came back as well (the oregano came back this year, too). I expect I'll be planting next weekend (tomatoes and peppers).

What brand is it (and is the blade original to the saw?)

If you dont know that, 30 is the most common. 35 is sometimes a thing, but dulls pretty quickly.

Don't remember the brand. 14" bar electric chainsaw. I think the chain is original. It doesn't get used much. There's also a gas chainsaw that I sent locally to be "tuned" up and and cleaned. Hasn't worked right since then. A bitch to get started, if the trigger isn't always held in some position the engine shuts off (i.e. have to feather the throttle to keep from stalling). And if it is warm, it won't start up again. I also sharpened the chain that causes it to cut in curves. Don't ask me how that happened. I sharpened both directions of the blades on the chain equally.

Don't remember the brand. 14" bar electric chainsaw. I think the chain is original. It doesn't get used much. There's also a gas chainsaw that I sent locally to be "tuned" up and and cleaned. Hasn't worked right since then. A bitch to get started, if the trigger isn't always held in some position the engine shuts off (i.e. have to feather the throttle to keep from stalling). And if it is warm, it won't start up again. I also sharpened the chain that causes it to cut in curves. Don't ask me how that happened. I sharpened both directions of the blades on the chain equally.

What the crap. You've been hawk82 forever. It's gonna be ages before I'm used to josh.

On the issue of the gas one stalling, you have to adjust the carb and clean it. Letting them sit for long periods of time fucks with 2 strokes.

On the issue of the gas one stalling, you have to adjust the carb and clean it. Letting them sit for long periods of time fucks with 2 strokes.

I know. That's why I took it to someone who was supposedly mechanically more inclined than me. Did not get better, if not worse. The electric chainsaw is more than sufficient for my mom to use for the minimal cutting that needs to be done. Just need to read up on properly sharpening the chain and it'll be good as new. Worst case, buy a new chain.