Sorry BeeRad

when I was in boarding school we rented rink time to a local college, roger williams college in RI...I went to one of their games one time and a fight broke out in the penalty box...one of the fighters took his helmet off in the midst of the fight and a guy skated off the ice, stood on the 1/2" between boards and glass and hatcheted the dudes head open with his stick...could not believe he was not arrested for that shit

when I was in boarding school we rented rink time to a local college, roger williams college in RI...I went to one of their games one time and a fight broke out in the penalty box...one of the fighters took his helmet off in the midst of the fight and a guy skated off the ice, stood on the 1/2" between boards and glass and hatcheted the dudes head open with his stick...could not believe he was not arrested for that shit

God I love this photo, videos good too...

images%5Cmalarchuk2.jpg

That photo makes my balls shrivel in horror. The dude almost died.

I mean the picture is so horrible because you can see him looking at his own blood pooling up. I had a similar accident in baseball and watched my glove fill up and then the clay all around me. When I look at that picture my face starts to hurt :fly:

what the hell happened to him? skate to the throat?

who was the guy who received a tracheotomy on the ice after getting hit in the throat?

Yeah, Clint Marlarchuk severed his jugular vein.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a similar incident with Richard Zednik of the Florida Panthers, he got his carotid artery cut 3/4 of the way through. He grabbed his throat, and skated off the ice. Emergency surgery saved his life.

Yeah, Clint Marlarchuk severed his jugular vein.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a similar incident with Richard Zednik of the Florida Panthers, he got his carotid artery cut 3/4 of the way through. He grabbed his throat, and skated off the ice. Emergency surgery saved his life.

7547c59ff690a4d.jpg

There was that one guy who, you know, DIED.
indeed. "Masterton was checked by Larry Cahan and Ron Harris of Oakland and fell backwards onto the ice. The force of the back of his head hitting the ice caused blood to gush from his mouth and nose."

that's a HIT.

note: it was pre helmet-rule.

I actually don't mind foozeball for the amount I bitch and make fun of it. There is still no way you can say foozeball is more dangerous and rougher than hacky. You can just look at the basics of the game to figure that out. I will admit that football is def dangerous and I would die taking a hit by one of them but its not worse than a hockey hit/fight/slash/crosscheck/trip. You can do a lot of painful shit to someone with a stick of lumber in your hand, not as much with pig skin :fly: :heart:

I actually don't mind foozeball for the amount I bitch and make fun of it. There is still no way you can say foozeball is more dangerous and rougher than hacky. You can just look at the basics of the game to figure that out. I will admit that football is def dangerous and I would die taking a hit by one of them but its not worse than a hockey hit/fight/slash/crosscheck/trip. You can do a lot of painful shit to someone with a stick of lumber in your hand, not as much with pig skin :fly: :heart:
plus the ground is harder and the players move a lot faster.

just left the lightning game.. think it was 2-1. minnesoto scored 2 goals in like 2 minutes for the win.

dudes in the headset was "talkin" to the goalie, like "welcome to tampa". several breakaways.. complaints of no defense from the production crew.. 'twas funny.

they really just talk about hotties the whole time.. that and the chick fil a goal of the game.. :lol: