Social Etiquette

ChikkenNoodul said:
Pre-9/11 I got into sooo many office buildings that way :fly:

Just act like you know what you're doing and security left you alone

What did you do once you got into those buildings? Offices are a bit...boring.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Pretty much just used the can, and the water cooler

The bathrooms are MUCH nicer there than those publicly available in cities

So you're the creepy looking black guy who wanders into our shitter every couple days and stinks up the place, and then gets water all over the sink tops. I always wondered what that was all about.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Pre-9/11 I got into sooo many office buildings that way :fly:

Just act like you know what you're doing and security left you alone
I feel bad that I still haven't gone to Ground Zero :( I will always regret never having seen those buildings in their true glory.

Last edited:
shawndavid said:
I always get stuck at the fuckin mall holding the door for an hour. I'm a pretty good judge of distance except when people are approaching the door of a public place and I'm the doorstop. I heard someone say one time not to confuse politeness for weakness. That's my mantra, I think.

As far as your doctor goes, if you really think he's doing it to get your goat, I would move in closer every time he did. I'd bump noses just to prove a point.

I am not entirely positive but I think that phrase was first adopted as "dont mistake my kindness for weakness". It is something I used to have to say quite often until I figured out it is so much easier to be a selfish asshole. With me it takes awhile before I really start showing my kind and helpful side.

BeeRad said:
I am not entirely positive but I think that phrase was first adopted as "dont mistake my kindness for weakness". It is something I used to have to say quite often until I figured out it is so much easier to be a selfish asshole. With me it takes awhile before I really start showing my kind and helpful side.
I think most people are like that. I tend to be the opposite; I initially give everyone the benefit of the doubt, I extend every courtesy I can until they manage to wrong me. Once someone has truly pissed me off they're on the list. They may not incur my wrath in a timely manner but damned if I ever let anyone skate away without punishment for their sins.

thrawn said:
For dinners

I know to turn my fork over when I am done eating and place it at the top of my plate. I do it no matter where I am eating, I even do it with family even though most of them would never recognize it. It's a habit. I do the same with all the silverware, water glasses, bread plates and I don't really pay attention to it. My ghetto highschool actually sent me to a dinner to learn all of this.

What I learned to do was that if you are resting, but still eating, you simply turn your fork over and lay it with the tongs on the plate and the base on the table, similar with the knife. This shows that you are still eating from the plate. When finished, you put the used utensiles directly on the plate, signaling that it's ok for someone to take it away.

FlyNavy said:
I think most people are like that. I tend to be the opposite; I initially give everyone the benefit of the doubt, I extend every courtesy I can until they manage to wrong me. Once someone has truly pissed me off they're on the list. They may not incur my wrath in a timely manner but damned if I ever let anyone skate away without punishment for their sins.

It takes me awhile to show my kindness but I am polite right off the bat. From there you basically have 2 trails you can head down, whichever one you pick is completely up to you.

BeeRad said:
It takes me awhile to show my kindness but I am polite right off the bat. From there you basically have 2 trails you can head down, whichever one you pick is completely up to you.
red pill 4 me plz

BeeRad said:
Basically, one ends with bloodshed and the other with happiness, hehe
I was traumatized in 3rd grade when I read one of those and the first ending I choose resulted in the two kids dying on a raft in the middle of the ocean. A line about the girl not being able to cry because she was so dehydrated haunted me for like a week. :confused:

FlyNavy said:
I was traumatized in 3rd grade when I read one of those and the first ending I choose resulted in the two kids dying on a raft in the middle of the ocean. A line about the girl not being able to cry because she was so dehydrated haunted me for like a week. :confused:

OMG I think I vagely remember something about the kids on the raft, lol

oh great I am sad now, brb, tear time:(

I have some personal car etiquette rules-

1) Passenger gets control of the radio. I need to focus more on not running anyone over and yelling at the bastards that cut me off than to fiddle with the music.

2) On road trips, passenger retrieves coinage for tools and eats first then feeds the driver. Again, hands are busy and it's keeps the spillage down to a minimum.

3) Driver ALWAYS opens the passenger's door. In turn, passenger should open the driver’s door once he/she is in the car.

4) Back-seat drivers are KOS and will be ejected from the vehicle via ejection seats unless they are the designated navigators.

5)"*mmmmmmmkhhheck* This is your captain schpeaking. We are experiencing some !!Tuuuurbulllaaannnnnccce!!!! *shake the back of the seat"
This action if forbidden to inflict on the driver. The passenger, however, is fair game.

6) Thanking the person who let you in by waving is a much-required courtesy. It's also a good idea to apologize to someone in this same manner if you happen to cut them off.

7) Florida drivers should be shot for not using their blinkers...damnit. How the eff am I going to know you are turning if you don't use your friggin’ blinker... bastards.

InnerMuse said:
I have some personal car etiquette rules-

1) Passenger gets control of the radio. I need to focus more on not running anyone over and yelling at the bastards that cut me off than to fiddle with the music.

2) On road trips, passenger retrieves coinage for tools and eats first then feeds the driver. Again, hands are busy and it's keeps the spillage down to a minimum.

3) Driver ALWAYS opens the passenger's door. In turn, passenger should open the driver’s door once he/she is in the car.

4) Back-seat drivers are KOS and will be ejected from the vehicle via ejection seats unless they are the designated navigators.

5)"*mmmmmmmkhhheck* This is your captain schpeaking. We are experiencing some !!Tuuuurbulllaaannnnnccce!!!! *shake the back of the seat"
This action if forbidden to inflict on the driver. The passenger, however, is fair game.

6) Thanking the person who let you in by waving is a much-required courtesy. It's also a good idea to apologize to someone in this same manner if you happen to cut them off.

7) Florida drivers should be shot for not using their blinkers...damnit. How the eff am I going to know you are turning if you don't use your friggin’ blinker... bastards.

I'll agree with most of this except that I fully believe the driver gets control of the radio. If I'm driving I need the right kind of music to motivate me and passengers can pick out crap that might just aggrevate me. The driver must have control over this.

eileenbunny said:
I'll agree with most of this except that I fully believe the driver gets control of the radio. If I'm driving I need the right kind of music to motivate me and passengers can pick out crap that might just aggrevate me. The driver must have control over this.

At least you wouldnt know what category it was :fly:

eileenbunny said:

You see, that is solved by one simple factor. I have no antenna and therefore they can only pick from my cd selection. MWAhahahah!