so who's gonna fill up their tanks today?

Thorn Bird said:
i'm not into all the paranoia over the gas tanks, but i am worried about the prices of gas.

have any of you given it a thought?
pro tip: gas prices won't go up until the damage from Rita is assessed

expect a surge by the middle to end of next week

elpmis said:
pro tip: gas prices won't go up until the damage from Rita is assessed

expect a surge by the middle to end of next week
pro tip : topping off will only make prices go up AND make for limited supply.

QUIT BEING A PART OF THE PROBLEM

Sarcasmo said:
The early bird gets the worm, AMIRITE???

Yes, I agree.

Right now I'm going to kill two birds with one stone, then I'm going to fill up my gas tank and get Kiwi and gift.

Originally Posted by Coqui
Jewish moms ain't got nothing on Catholic moms for guilt
Candy said:
Catholic Italian Moms either :(

... and let's not forget non-religious manic depressed (with suicide tendencies ) alcoholic mothers.

BTW - had to fill up the gas tank (87 @ 2.69) . Why does it seem that my car is sucking more gas now? Filling up over once a week.

gottoys? said:
Originally Posted by Coqui
Jewish moms ain't got nothing on Catholic moms for guilt

... and let's not forget non-religious manic depressed (with suicide tendencies ) alcoholic mothers.

BTW - had to fill up the gas tank (87 @ 2.69) . Why does it seem that my car is sucking more gas now? Filling up over once a week.

Because you get less mileage out of 87 octane. One of the universities in Dallas did a study about 4 years ago, and the people who used 89 octane got the best gas mileage in their various cars. Super premium turned into a waste of money.

edit: Unless of course you need super premium, for example in a supercharged car or something.

Last edited:
Sarcasmo said:
Because you get less mileage out of 87 octane. One of the universities in Dallas did a study about 4 years ago, and the people who used 89 octane got the best gas mileage in their various cars. Super premium turned into a waste of money.

Hmmmm thanks :)

BTW - it is hard posting on UF while on a conference call.