so who's gonna fill up their tanks today?

gottoys? said:
Oracle 11i applications DBA\Senior Developer\Analyst\Instructor\PM -

Just kidding I didn't really say 'huh'? That would NOT be professional. I gave a intelligent response and the conversation flowed. This is the least desirable project I am involved in.

They relocated me to Dallas to be the DBA but then laid off a bunch of developers and I inherited their projects - argh.
I fucking hate Oracle. Them and their non-standard client installs. omg

theacoustician said:
Bullshit it is. Apparently you failed economics 101.
Economics says that less demand will drop the price

Common sense says that not enough people are gonna not buy gas to lessen the demand because either people suck and/or have to commute to work and/or bought SUVs etc etc etc

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oracle keeps me indirectly employed with all the crazy storage requests
They keep me angry cause they use this shitty java "universal installer" to install their crap, making it next to impossible to script.

April23 said:
Economics was probably the only course in highschool that I had a perfect score on.
you still have two more years of high school to complete though, you never know you could do better in a future class

gottoys? said:
Oracle 11i applications DBA\Senior Developer\Analyst\Instructor\PM -

Just kidding I didn't really say 'huh'? That would NOT be professional. I gave a intelligent response and the conversation flowed. This is the least desirable project I am involved in.

They relocated me to Dallas to be the DBA but then laid off a bunch of developers and I inherited their projects - argh.

So you're one o' them smart chicks, huh? That's hot.

April23 said:
Economics was probably the only course in highschool that I had a perfect score on.
Then you should understand that creating a demand spike by panic is only going to be a self fulfilling prophecy for increased prices. Since supply is capped by the number/capacity of the refineries, not only will you drive prices up but you'll create shortages to boot.

If people don't panic and only fill up when they actually need to, we can keep from hitting the supply cap and we'll be ok.

fly said:
They keep me angry cause they use this sh*tty java "universal installer" to install their crap, making it next to impossible to script.

Oracle and storage = :fly: :fly: insane

Orace Installer = :fly: :fly: our pc help desk here have NEVER been able to give a clean install. I have to constantly clean up after them - argh.

gas sucks let's work from home!