Ontopic So White House is in the Censor bizz now?

Well, they can pay for it by stopping the spending. There's no need to keep throwing money down the drain for all of their pet projects.

Oh yeah for sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean that by casting aside your pet projects you can maintain your low taxes, I don't think it's realistic to think you can go through such a global recession and not have to adapt your tax system for some time afterwards. You have such low taxes compared to a lot of the Western developed world you should be happy with it, I wouldn't be bitching about a couple percent rise.

Oh yeah for sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean that by casting aside your pet projects you can maintain your low taxes, I don't think it's realistic to think you can go through such a global recession and not have to adapt your tax system for some time afterwards. You have such low taxes compared to a lot of the Western developed world you should be happy with it, I wouldn't be bitching about a couple percent rise.
I think you just have ludicrously high taxes, and my taxes are comletely unfair and too high as they are....so yes, I'm going to complain until they get lower.

I think you just have ludicrously high taxes, and my taxes are comletely unfair and too high as they are....so yes, I'm going to complain until they get lower.

Our taxes are 'high' because we spend a lot on healthcare and welfare benefits. I don't necessarily agree with spending my tax dollars on lazy people who don't want to work but that's just how life is. Like that guy said, the only things certain in life are death and taxes.

Our taxes are 'high' because we spend a lot on healthcare and welfare benefits. I don't necessarily agree with spending my tax dollars on lazy people who don't want to work but that's just how life is. Like that guy said, the only things certain in life are death and taxes.

Well that's not what this particular country was meant to be about :fly:

http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield...e-rosy-scenario/?cxntfid=blogs_kyle_wingfield

A third straight year with a $1 trillion-plus budget deficit: That’s what President Obama proposed today in his budget request for fiscal 2011 (the budget year beginning this October).

The White House does project that by 2015 the deficit will fall to half of this year’s level. For some perspective, however, the 2015 deficit would still be almost as large in inflation-adjusted dollars as the combined deficit of any two years between the end of World War II and 2009.

Democrats will have to bear that budget as they try to avoid repeating last month’s shocking loss in Massachusetts on a national scale in November’s mid-term elections. And that’s assuming Congress doesn’t increase the deficit even further. This is essentially a bet against the tea-party movement, even though the tea partiers are more likely to gain strength and momentum this year, as the Instapundit, Glenn Harlan Reynolds, argues here.

But even the still-historic deficit levels projected in 2012-2015 may be too good to be true. What’s left unsaid, or at least buried in the budget documents, are these two things:

1. the White House assumes that the economy of 2011-2015 will be as hot as it was during the go-go years of the late 1990s — growing at least 3.5 percent a year for five straight years (a feat we didn’t accomplish during the ’80s or the ’90s); and

2. these growth figures depend on inflation remaining lower in the next decade than it was in the last decade, even though the Fed in the last couple of years has been creating money at an unprecedented rate.

Neither of these assumptions seems likely to come true. First, which industries are likely to replicate the growth that we saw, chiefly in information technology, in the late 1990s? Not “green” energy, not by a long shot.

Second, how exactly is the Fed going to rein in all of the dollars it’s been letting loose since the beginning of the housing crash? Even if Ben Bernanke & Co. time it just right, it’s probably impossible for them to keep inflation at the low levels that the Obama budget writers assume.

Even if inflation is just as benign as it was during the Bush administration, it’s likely to knock at least a percentage point off the GDP forecasts made by the Obama administration. That would put the economy on roughly the same growth trajectory as during the Bush years.

I’m not sure what exactly that would do to revenues, but I am sure that they would suffer somewhat. Some of our debt would become cheaper to service, but the history of devaluing one’s way to prosperity is not good. Deficits would widen accordingly.

Bottom line: As bleak a picture as the administration paints, things probably aren’t even that cheerful. There is no time to waste in cutting spending and the deficit.

Well that's not what this particular country was meant to be about :fly:

If I remember correctly there was even a war over the fact that we weren't going to pay those high taxes anymore.

And screw the lazy people, if they aren't willing to work and put in some effort, I'm not going to help them out so they can continue to be lazy and useless.

But let me get this a bit clear. He is just removing those temporary cuts to the tax rate that Bush had put in. So he is just removing tax breaks, not actually raising taxes? And how exactly is this censorship?
Fair bit better than the 97% tax rate in the depression to get that debt under control...

If I remember correctly there was even a war over the fact that we weren't going to pay those high taxes anymore.

And screw the lazy people, if they aren't willing to work and put in some effort, I'm not going to help them out so they can continue to be lazy and useless.

I bet you are going to...

This is BO's mess, I'm sick of the blame game. Ya, Bush spent to much, but that didn't give BO the ok to make it worse. This admin has taken advantage of everyone and everything. I will have "no lobbiests" yet now there are 30 serving...growing the largest gov. in the nations history, transparency etc. Ya, that's muck racking...go ahead and stick your uneducated head in the sand and have another swig of the BO kool-aid. These people are taking this country in the wrong direction, I don't care what party it is.