so what's for dinner tonight?

we are storing 12 huge Tupperware bins for a single male friend of ours.

My Xmas decorations are kept in my nightstand. LOL

I can't even imagine why you need that many sex toys. I would think by now he and every partner he has ever had has completely lost all sensation below the waist.

5-7 bucks total for how many people? You can't eat terribly healthy at that budget level.

Roughly 3. I try to make the pasta/rice/grain the main part, with a veggie side and a portion of meat.

The two toddlers don't really eat much yet, so they might eat a serving of food together, but most days don't even eat that much.

I also buy all my meat on sale, 3.50 for a pound of steak, use about a pound or so per meal, 1.87 for chicken, usually use just over a pound, 2 bucks for a pound of hamburger, etc, etc. I buy the majority of my fruits and veggies at the farmer's market and can get a whole fridge full for 20-25 bucks a week. I buy things in bulk when I can as well.

I do bend that amount once a week or so when I do seafood, or if Kyle and I want a nice dinner, we'll spend more and do something really nice at home as opposed to spending 60-70 bucks going out, like the other nice we did steaks and scallops, I spent much more then 7 bucks on that meal.

Roughly 3. I try to make the pasta/rice/grain the main part, with a veggie side and a portion of meat.

The two toddlers don't really eat much yet, so they might eat a serving of food together, but most days don't even eat that much.

I also buy all my meat on sale, 3.50 for a pound of steak, use about a pound or so per meal, 1.87 for chicken, usually use just over a pound, 2 bucks for a pound of hamburger, etc, etc. I buy the majority of my fruits and veggies at the farmer's market and can get a whole fridge full for 20-25 bucks a week. I buy things in bulk when I can as well.

I do bend that amount once a week or so when I do seafood, or if Kyle and I want a nice dinner, we'll spend more and do something really nice at home as opposed to spending 60-70 bucks going out, like the other nice we did steaks and scallops, I spent much more then 7 bucks on that meal.
I'd flip the priority of starches and veggies in your planning, but I'm impressed otherwise.

I'd flip the priority of starches and veggies in your planning, but I'm impressed otherwise.

I probably should, but the kids love their starches and sometimes that's really all they eat. I should probably switch to wheat pastas and rice so they get more nutrition out of them.

And thank you. I've been practicing living on a budget. Some weeks I do better then others.

I've looked at a couple, but 18-24 bucks seemed to be an average amount per meal, and that is crazy expensive. I try to keep my dinners to around 5-7 bucks total.

I have thought about doing a homemade version though. I've heard of getting a group of people together (say 4), each person does 4 different meals, one of each meal for each person, then you get together and swap. It save time and money cause you can cook cheaper in the higher quantities, but you still end up with 16 different freezer meals.

Keep in mind you can usually 2-4 meals out of one of their "meals".

Keep in mind you can usually 2-4 meals out of one of their "meals".

That is good to know. Do they only include the main course (meat) or is the carb/starch and veggie included as well? If I can split it up into 2 meals, and it's the full meal, it def makes it more appealing, even if I only use one of their meals 2-3 times a week so I don't get sick of cooking, I can fill in the other days.

i had beef that was practically raw, but it had an egg partially cooked ontop of it too so it was edible.

i had a pint at the boat club after and could barely stomach it... not good when you already had the shits.