So, is it wrong...

smileynev said:
Doesn't the AARP buy huge lots of advertising time with them?

Them and a bunch of other organizations. Oh, and they call it 'underwriting'.

Regardless, I'd take NPR if given a choice between them or a for-profit network news broadcast.

itburnswhenipee said:
I dunno... I seem recall a lot of reporter editorializing in the news articles. Naturally, I don't have specific examples to bring to the table.

And the talking head shows are fucking useless. They could show a bunch of monkeys jerking off and it'd have the same effect.
Well, a lot of the stories are culled from free lancers all over the place, so that may be. CNN staffers, however, aren't allowed to put in opinions.

For the talk shows, complete 180. They want them to be as sensational as possible. Gets more ratings that way.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I don't recall any AARP commercials recently except on my local NBC owned AM station

*you have to be old and boring to listen to NPR joke*

theacoustician said:
Well, a lot of the stories are culled from free lancers all over the place, so that may be. CNN staffers, however, aren't allowed to put in opinions.

For the talk shows, complete 180. They want them to be as sensational as possible. Gets more ratings that way.
get rid of the blog readings, they're fucking pathetic and they completely ruin the image of the entire network.