So, is it wrong...

ChikkenNoodul said:
There must be a different NPR than the one I listen to then

Well, compared to CNN and FOX and other network news outlets, it is.

Curiously enough the most objective reporting I've ever heard comes from the Christian Science Monitor. WTF?

ChikkenNoodul said:
South Park is more objective on current events than any of those (Except I've never listened/read the Christian Science Monitor)

There was a classical music station back in Baltimore that got their newsfeed from the CSM instead of NPR... this was a few years ago. I remember being shocked by the quality of the news reports. Maybe I was overly impressed simply because I associate Christian Scientists with religious whak-jobs.

Edit: and South Park has a pretty conservative message. I wouldn't call it objective. That's like calling Jon Stewart objective.

Why waste our tax dollars trying to save this mans life so we can waste more money putting him in jail for life? Someone get up there with a slingshot and get him down.

ChikkenNoodul said:
South Park is more objective on current events than any of those (Except I've never listened/read the Christian Science Monitor)
Daily Show is the best source for unbiased news :cool:

:lol:

itburnswhenipee said:
Well, compared to CNN and FOX and other network news outlets, it is.

Curiously enough the most objective reporting I've ever heard comes from the Christian Science Monitor. WTF?
Headline News has a slant? eh...

BTW - we got one of the CNN Hummers back from Iraq. It sits in the Atrium now, bullet holes and all.

theacoustician said:
Headline News has a slant? eh...

BTW - we got one of the CNN Hummers back from Iraq. It sits in the Atrium now, bullet holes and all.

So you work for Turner? Or a Hummer dealership, maybe?

aside: hummer dealership sounds like a euphamism for a whore who specializes in blowjobs

itburnswhenipee said:
So you work for Turner? Or a Hummer dealership, maybe?

aside: hummer dealership sounds like a euphamism for a whore who specializes in blowjobs
Yes, along with several others on this forum.

CNN when its actually reporting news is pretty good about keeping it level. They really care because its drilled from top down that accurate reporting makes more money than bias.

Now, the talking head shows are an entirely different matter.

theacoustician said:
Yes, along with several others on this forum.

CNN when its actually reporting news is pretty good about keeping it level. They really care because its drilled from top down that accurate reporting makes more money than bias.

Now, the talking head shows are an entirely different matter.

I dunno... I seem recall a lot of reporter editorializing in the news articles. Naturally, I don't have specific examples to bring to the table.

And the talking head shows are fucking useless. They could show a bunch of monkeys jerking off and it'd have the same effect.

itburnswhenipee said:
Bah... NPR is one of the more objective news sources in this country. Not completely objective-- some stories have a slant, but they're pretty good about keeping their reporter's opinions out of the stories.

Doesn't the AARP buy huge lots of advertising time with them?

ChikkenNoodul said:

Actually, South Park is probably the most objective news source available, period.