So, I watched Dawn of the Dead this weekend...

Drool-Boy said:
They would probably have a hard time fighting currents too.
So even if they COULD live underwater, theyd all end up in south america or on the jersy shore someplace

That is the best explination of why Jersey is the way it is I've ever heard.

So, if zombification is explained as hell running out of room, then wouldn't those people that were good enough to go to heaven not zombify when killed?

i recon they could and probably did go after them in the water but a boat would outrun them by quite a conciderable distence.

Restless said:
i recon they could and probably did go after them in the water but a boat would outrun them by quite a conciderable distence.

Duh. But, eventually, they would catch up. If they stayed in the boat they'd be fine, since the zombies probably couldn't get over the sides. But if they landed on an island the zombies could get there, possibly.

I don't understand zombies. If you have to behead them because the brain is still functioning...it requires some sort of oxygen even if it's very little. Zombies should still breath even slightly in order to retain this.

So, I'm of firm mind and wang, that zombies could never exist in the ways we imagine them. When I think of a zombie, I think of something that is conciously inert, but still has bodily neccesties such as oxygen and sustenance.

[/realism]
[retard mode]
I bet zombies could keep a stiffy for days

obviously zombies can travel in the water since they were on the island at the end

smileynev said:
Duh. But, eventually, they would catch up. If they stayed in the boat they'd be fine, since the zombies probably couldn't get over the sides. But if they landed on an island the zombies could get there, possibly.

What if you took a boat to an offshore oil drilling platform? After you cleared it of any zombies wouldn't you be safe there? How long can a zombie exist before totally decomposing so much they can't fight? Couldn't the government from spray something to help spend up the decomposition? Something like they bugs they use in museums to remove flesh from bones?

it just occurred to me that this has all the stink of a Star Destroyer vs USS Enterprise thread. out.

wr3kt said:
I don't understand zombies. If you have to behead them because the brain is still functioning...it requires some sort of oxygen even if it's very little. Zombies should still breath even slightly in order to retain this.

So, I'm of firm mind and wang, that zombies could never exist in the ways we imagine them. When I think of a zombie, I think of something that is conciously inert, but still has bodily neccesties such as oxygen and sustenance.

[/realism]
[retard mode]
I bet zombies could keep a stiffy for days
iirc, not all cellular activity requires oxygen, some work anarobically.