WTF So I just dick'd my butt

Im super stoked to get my phd proposal done over the break, it seems like I've got a pretty guaranteed in to the program given the relationship I have with the academic supervisor (plus the research topic). It will bring up some potential job issues or changes though. Last week I was thinking I may drop the part time charity work after a while to concentrate on the doctorate. However I just found out the CEO is leaving so Im pondering whethr I should go for that job, or else my boss may go for it and I could be offered her job if I can do that part time. She does full time right now but Im pretty confident I could deliver more than she does on half the hours.

• Gravy
Reactions: august and adi
Im super stoked to get my phd proposal done over the break, it seems like I've got a pretty guaranteed in to the program given the relationship I have with the academic supervisor (plus the research topic). It will bring up some potential job issues or changes though. Last week I was thinking I may drop the part time charity work after a while to concentrate on the doctorate. However I just found out the CEO is leaving so Im pondering whethr I should go for that job, or else my boss may go for it and I could be offered her job if I can do that part time. She does full time right now but Im pretty confident I could deliver more than she does on half the hours.
is it possible to do both?
..and congrats dory :)

I keep getting harangued by academia.edu about a paper I contributed to some years back called "Sasquatch DeepCloud Image Classification Training Application".

I did help write it, but I don't have an academia.edu account, how bizarre.

They must know about my interest in cryptozoology.

I keep getting harangued by academia.edu about a paper I contributed to some years back called "Sasquatch DeepCloud Image Classification Training Application".

At least you're getting stuff from them for stuff you've actually done. God alone knows why I'm getting shit from them

Turns out my full name is the same as many academics, I have articles emailed to me daily asking me to claim them. I always thought my name was very niche but apparently among smart folks it aint.

Also great paper title.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum

I get unsolicitied academia.edu bullshit too. I don't have my name on any papers, but it started when I got my name on a patent. No fucking idea how they got my e-mail address either.

If you click the unsubscribe link you gotta create an account on the site to unsubscribe, which is fucking garbage, and probably violates spam regulations.

I get unsolicitied academia.edu bullshit too. I don't have my name on any papers, but it started when I got my name on a patent. No fucking idea how they got my e-mail address either.

If you click the unsubscribe link you gotta create an account on the site to unsubscribe, which is fucking garbage, and probably violates spam regulations.
I tried that, and got up to the point where they asked me to pay for a subscription, and then couldn't figure out the "opt out" click.

It's rained all day and it will be -1°F with 40mph winds tomorrow. How do I even dress for working outside? How am I supposed to keep a truck on an iced over road in 40mph winds? Maybe I'll actually get a day off for the holidays?

Who wants Scout when I die?

I've been in flux for most of this year regarding my career. In March I was forced to resign from my beloved job due to some bitches doing bitchy things. I have spent most of this year contemplating leaving the headache and migraine space and looking for some other kind of work, maybe event planning. I even applied for and was offered some jobs but nothing felt like it fit. I took some contracts planning events to keep money rolling in, but nothing really made me passionate. In the meantime, the Executive Director of Clusterbusters (for which I am the board president) was diagnosed with lung cancer and couldn't continue his role in the capacity needed so I assumed many of those duties as a volunteer. I've been studying to get my masters and am nearly done as well.

Recently I was offered a job in communications for a headache and migraine advocacy association. The job is kind-of a step back for me, but I think I want it. Communications is a new world for me, but it's what I'm getting my masters in, so like any time we start over, we may take a step back. I'm trying to figure out if I can take this role part-time, continue to pull in a few contracts annually, and finish my degree while supporting Clusterbusters through the rest of the ED's treatment/whatever we decide will be next for that org. It feels like a lot when you take into account my family obligations and you-know, just wanting to relax sometimes. I just really need something to be passionate about again, and I think advocacy could be it.