Sleep Thread

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,864
I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping for a while now. I go through periods where I sleep just fine, and feel rested in the morning. I usually just spring out of bed ready to start my day but since about Thanksgiving I've either had tons of trouble sleeping or wake up feeling completely exhausted. Mix in periods where I've had vivid, messed up dreams, and that's been my sleep cycle for a while.

I want to sleep. And if I can help it, I want to sleep unmedicated. I've tried sleeping pills- OTC stuff and NyQuil make me hallucinate and I definitely don't sleep. I've taken script pills before and they seem to work, but I don't want to use them as a crutch, and I'm already on enough maintenance meds as it is.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to get a better night's sleep? Like, exercise routine, eating/drinking stuff, etc?

Read World War Z and play Left 4 Dead on expert difficulty for 20 straight hours. You'll never sleep again.

I have to be the worst insomniac ever so I cannot help but will definitely be keeping up with this thread. I do not understand how people lie down and just fall asleep, its craziness! If I try to go to bed early (10pm to 12pm) I will toss and turn for 3+ hours. If I go to bed at 2am or later it only takes me an hour to fall asleep. I hate sleeping

I would sleep professionally if I could. I can easily surpass 15 hours a day. I lay down and 10 minutes later I'm out.

I have to be the worst insomniac ever so I cannot help but will definitely be keeping up with this thread. I do not understand how people lie down and just fall asleep, its craziness! If I try to go to bed early (10pm to 12pm) I will toss and turn for 3+ hours. If I go to bed at 2am or later it only takes me an hour to fall asleep. I hate sleeping

I noticed . . .

No really I'm the same way. It takes me about a half an hour to get to sleep then I wake up at least 5 or six times a night.

Eventually you get used to it.

I noticed . . .

No really I'm the same way. It takes me about a half an hour to get to sleep then I wake up at least 5 or six times a night.

Eventually you get used to it.

:fly:WINDOW!!!

Yeah I dont even notice it anymore :eek: The only times I really notice is when I am going through some painful RLS and it takes 4+ hours to fall asleep. You get really nutty at 5am when you "went to bed" at 1am. Sometimes I start punching my legs :fly:

Some scotch should fix that right up.

there's just about one condition where i can fall asleep in about 30-seconds to a minute, and it's not something i can do every night. boo.
drinking almost helps, but i'll wake up in the middle of the night with what feels like a sugar rush. it sucks.

If it didn't, it damn well should have.

He had Leelee Sobieski on the cast and not a single boob shot. Nicole Kidman showed 'nani, and he couldn't convince a barely underage girl for even a little nip slip?

Failure.

sometimes it's not falling asleep that's the problem. last night it was staying asleep.

hay. i like golf. :mad:

When I have problems staying asleep, it's always 100% mental. Letting shit stay in your head will trigger your brain to wake you up if it feels like it. I try not taking seriously heady thoughts with me to bed.

I prescribe 2 episodes of Beavis and Butthead every night before bed.