September 29th, 2007

kok.jpg

lmao @ "driving around and take a long lunch".. damn..

met with a client last week and they was all bent .. wanted to get me the songs (which is fine and all) ASAP for a WEDDING IN MAY!!!! lol

last night a buddy of mine offered my band 4k to play at his wedding in costa rica in april :bast:

So sit in it for 10 minutes while it warms up.

that's a waste of gas and a waste of time :p if I'm going to be freezing my balls off in the truck I might as well be driving it

Letting a cold vehicle idle for ten minutes to warm up is a bad idea. After ten minutes the engine will be warm but the transmission, differential and brakes will still be ice cold. Yet you will drive the car as if its been fully warmed up, potentially doing small amounts of damage to those other components. The best idea is to only allow the engine to warm up enough to enter into its closed-loop state (new cars can do this almost instantly, you can tell when it happens because your engine will go from a high idle to a much lower idle) and immediately start driving but keeping in mind that all components are cold and won't be in normal operating range for another ten or fifteen minutes of use. Drive gingerly until the entire car, not just the engine, has had enough time to warm up.

I hate winter and everything about it. The worst feeling in the world to me is being cold. We were in Salt Lake on Sat so I had a list of errands to run while I was in civilization so I had to go out in it, it sucked. Luckily, we had new tires put on Sat morning so we didn't have to worry about the treadless nightmare that the previous tires would have been.

It has all melted now and aside from a strong breeze today it was quite pleasant and both my kids wore shorts. If you ask me, we got snow and now winter can be over and we can go back to summer. That is why we are moving to Phoenix ASAP.